Do you have overly irritated skin?
Are you experiencing difficulties battling the common cold?
Do you want to retain the glow of your hair?
Roman chamomile is a well known perennial plant which is usually found in gardens or it’s cultivated throughout the areas of Europe, Argentina and North America. It is most commonly referred to solely as chamomile. It is characterized by its daisy-like white flowers as well as by its procumbent stems. The oil itself is produced through the process of steam distillation by the flower of the plant. This is an essence which may deliver a significant range of benefits for your overall body.
Don't Miss Out!
What is Roman Chamomile Oil?
- Scientific Name: Anthemis Nobilis
- Application: Aromatic, topical, internal
- Plant Part: Flower
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Aromatic Description: Floral, herbaceous and rather sweet
- Main Chemical Components: 4-methyl amyl angelate, isoamyl tiglate and isobutyl angelate
- The oil might have a very calming effect on your body, skin and mind
- It may help you get through anger spikes quickly
- The oil might relax you and induce restful sleep
BUY THIS OIL
How to Use Roman Chamomile Oil
All three application methods are possible when it comes to the oil. What is more, all of them tend to display different advantages. Of course, you need to consider that the oil blends well with other essences as well and as such you might easily diffuse a few drops of different oils to create a powerful DIY aroma session. The oil is also prominent if applied topically or if diluted in your drink.
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil Uses
- Aromatic Use: Diffuse up to 4 drops in order to induce calming and relaxing sensation. You can do this in your bedroom to promote restful sleep.
- Topical Use: You can apply the oil directly to designated areas or you can mix it with your moisturizer in order to retain the glow of your skin.
- Internal Use: You can dilute a few drops in your herbal tea or any other type of hot drinks that you find appropriate. This may soothe your mind and body.
Directions for Use:
There are a few things that you might want to consider when it comes to each of these application methods. Right off the bat, aromatic use requires you to put no more than 4 drops in a regular commercially bought diffuser. This is considered the necessary amount that’s necessary for a common space such as home room or office or even in your car. When it comes to topical application, it is advisable that you use carrier oil in order to prevent skin sensitivity. Last but not least, when you want to take it internally just make sure that you are diluting no more than one drop per every 4 fl. oz of liquid, regardless of its kind.
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil Health Benefits
- The oil has a very calming effect on your body, mind and skin. What is more, it may have supportive functions for your immune system.
- You can add one or a couple of drops to your favorite conditioner, shampoo or moisturizer in order to promote the youthful and glowing appeal of your skin and hair.
- You can diffuse it in your bedroom or apply it to the bottoms of your feet and this may promote restful and good night’s sleep.
- You can apply roman chamomile essential oil topically with carrier oil to your wrist, neck, chest or over your heart in order to induce feelings of relaxation, well-being and comfort.
- Add one or two drops of chamomile oil in your herbal teas or any other types of hot drinks as per your preference. This may soothe your overall body and mind.
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil Research
Interestingly enough, roman chamomile is a plant which has a very distinctive flower. It resembles a daisy quite a lot but it has procumbent stems. The leaves of the plant are alternate and particularly well dissected. The flower head itself has a distinctive yellow disk which makes the plant even more beautiful. The essential oil itself is derived from this flower head through the complex process of steam distillation. The oil is used for a wide range of different things, which include bringing additional flavor to certain meals, in herbal teas, cosmetics and in perfumes. A very popular use of roman chamomile oil is to create a rinse for blonde hair. It’s also particularly famous in aromatherapy procedures. Even though there is no decisive scientific research backing up the benefits of roman chamomile oil, countless of people have already reported them. These claims are not approved by the FDA and shouldn’t be used as a substitute for medical prescriptions.
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil Nutrition
The oil itself doesn’t contain any nutritional value but it does come with quite a lot of benefits. These are even more likely to manifest after prolonged and persistent usage. With this in mind, it is also worth noting that roman chamomile oil is capable of enhancing the overall appeal of your skin and hair. Just add a few drops to your hair conditioner or skin lotion regularly and expect to regain that glow once again. In order to achieve perfectly balanced aroma during your homemade aromatherapy sessions, you can blend it with lavender oil – this may induce an even stronger sensation for relaxation.
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil Safety
While it’s true that the oil does bring quite a lot of benefits, you should also exercise certain responsibility and reasonable amount of care while using it. After all, keep in mind that this is a rather powerful substance. As such, it is advisable that you use carrier oil when you are applying it topically – this will prevent any skin irritations. You should also make sure that you keep it away from sensitive areas of your body like inner years or your eyes. It’s recommended that you keep it stored somewhere out of kid’s reach in order to prevent any potential complications. Another important consideration is to make sure that you refrain from using it while undergoing special medical treatments unless explicitly allowed by your physician.
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil Substitute
The oil may bring particularly rejuvenating properties for your skin and hair. As such, it could serve as a perfect substitute for those commercial, chemically-infused over-the-counter cosmetics. Even if you prefer not to substitute them, at least add a drop or two of the oil to your regular cosmetic procedures and you may enjoy better results quicker than you think. You can also substitute regular and artificial aroma diffusers and use this natural product for better results.
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil Blends Well With
This is oil which blends well with quite a lot of other essences. However, when it comes to aromatherapy, roman chamomile might come off a bit strong. That’s why you might want to make sure that you blend it with lavender. The aroma of the latter is going to balance the strong scent of chamomile and you are going to be able to enjoy the perfect sensation.SHOP FOR THIS OIL
Roman chamomile is a popular plant which makes a stellar essential oil. It has been around for quite some time and it’s a very common choice for aromatherapy sessions. As such, it goes well with a lot of other oils but it also delivers a range of benefits on its own. While it’s true that science has some catching up to do, roman chamomile oil remains one of the most commonly used therapeutic natural products.
As you can see for yourself and as countless people have reported already, roman chamomile oil may have significant health benefits for your entire body. Unfortunately, science is yet to catch up. As such, the FDA has failed to recognize its properties in terms of medicinal usage. With this in mind, you should most certainly refrain from substituting any kind of professionally prescribed medication for this oil.
Download your FREE Essential Oils Quick Reference Guide
Get instant access to your Essential Oils Quick Reference Guide.