The Outstanding Benefits of Melaleuca Essential Oil – Advantages Beyond Comprehension
Do you have trouble keeping your nails looking healthy?
Does your skin get occasionally irritated?
Do the seasons and changes in environments give you health issues?
Melaleuca alternifolia, or the tea tree, as it’s also commonly referred to, is a plant native to the Southeast Queensland as well as the northeastern coasts of Australia and New South Wales. The oil is extracted from the leaves of the tree and it is characterized with a fresh as well as herbaceous and leathery scent. The color of the oil might also vary from pale yellow to nearly clear. However, the tea tree oil is rather beneficial in small quantities and it could be used in a range of different ways.
What is Melaleuca Oil?
- Scientific Name: Melaleuca alternifolia
- Application: Aromatic, topical, internal
- Plant Part: Leaf
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Aromatic Description: Leather, Herbaceous and Green
- Main Chemical Components: alfa terpinene, y-terpinene and Terpinen-4-ol
- It’s highly regarded for the rejuvenating and cleansing effects that it may have on your skin.
- It may also promote healthy functioning of your immune system, provided you use it internally.
- It may help against seasonal as well as environmental threats if ingested.
How To Use Melaleuca Oil
Tea tree oil is an extract that you need to be careful with as it’s rather prominent and powerful. You can use it with all three application methods – aromatic, topical and internal, but you need to have certain things in mind. It’s important to be responsible because overusing it not according to the appropriate proportions might cause certain complications.
Melalueca Essential Oil Uses
- Aromatic Use: The oil has a very distinctive and soothing leathery aroma. It’s also soothing and relaxing and it may have a good effect on your nervous system.
- Topical Use: If you are feeling tension on your back or neck, you might want to apply the oil in order to relieve the stress. You can also apply it topically before and after your workout session.
- Internal Use: You can add a drop or two in veggie caps, citrus drinks or fresh water and the oil might support the proper health of your immune system.
Directions for Use:
It’s obvious that the benefits drawn from separate applications are different. That’s why you might be eager to experience all of them – you can do so by combining the uses. Of course, there are certain precautions that you need to be aware of. For instance, when you apply tea tree oil topically, it’s recommended to use carrier oil that’s going to dampen its effect and prevent skin irritations. Furthermore, it’s not advisable to diffuse more than 4 drops when you use it as part of your aromatherapy sessions. Last but not least, you should always consider mixing one drop of the oil with 4 fl. oz. of liquid, regardless of what it is.
Melaleuca Essential Oil Health Benefits
- The oil is highly renowned for the rejuvenating as well as cleansing effects that it may have on your skin. This is why it might be a good idea to incorporate it in your daily skin care routines. You can use it as an addition to your moisturizer.
- You can add up to two drops of Melaleuca to freshwater, veggie capsules or your citrus drinks in order to support the healthy functioning of your immune system.
- You can rub one drop of oil on your hands and apply it on your skin after you shave – this is going to serve as an aftershave and may rejuvenate the area. You can combine it with cedar wood and the effects will be even greater
- If you are experiencing bad breath in the morning, add a drop of oil to your morning glass of water. This is going to freshen up and enhance your breath. You can include lemon and peppermint for better effects.
- The oil may help your overall cellular function especially if you use it internally.
Melaleuca Essential Oil Research
The oil is derived from the leaves of the tea tree. It is indigenous to the regions of New South Wales and Southeast Queensland in Australia. The oil is produced through the process of steam distillation. The resulting product may have significant overall health benefits. It’s known to rejuvenate and cleanse skin conditions and it may have certain supportive effects for your immune system. There are 15 necessary components which need to be encountered in the right proportion in order for the product to be specified as Melaleuca oil. This is very important because it stems from the definition of the International ISO Standard 4730. Now, it’s also worth noting that this is a product which has been around for quite some time, as it originated back in 1920 as part of the essential oil industry. As such, it has been reported to have a range of different benefits by a significant amount of people. However, the FDA hasn’t yet officially recognized its prominent advantages.
Melaleuca Essential Oil Nutrition
The essential oil is known to bring a range of different benefits. However, all of them differ based on the application method that you go for. With this in mind, diffusing a few drops of the oil may stimulate your airways and hence ease up your breathing. At the same time, it’s going to induce a feeling of calmness and relaxation. At the same time, you can apply oil in combination with Cedarwood, for instance, in order to create a DIY aftershave. It may have a refreshing and soothing effect on your skin. Furthermore, if you mix a drop or two of the oil in fresh water, citrus drink or any other kind of liquid that you drink on a regular basis, this may help you stimulate the overall functioning of your immune system. With this in mind, the benefits which accompany the usage of oil can strengthen up if you use the product over a prolonged period of time. You can also combine different application and usage methods in order to channel its health properties.
Melaleuca Essential Oil Safety
Tea tree oil can cause certain complications if you consume it purely. This means that if you are going to take it internally, you should make sure that you mix it up with at least 4 fl. oz. per drop of melaleuca oil. It is even better if you combine it with another extract. Furthermore, when you use it topically, you should use carrier oil in order to dampen the prominence of the oil. This is going to induce the rejuvenating benefits without irritating your skin. Keep it away from children at all costs. Make sure to consult your treating physician or gynecologist if you are undergoing special medical treatment or are currently pregnant.
Melaleuca Essential Oil Substitutes
Melaleuca oil may bring a range of different health benefits. As such, you can use it instead of different chemically-infused over-the-counter cosmetics. Combine tea tree and cedar wood oil and you wouldn’t need to worry about buying an aftershave, for instance. Furthermore, you can use it in combination or as a replacement of our moisturizer as the oil may bring significant rejuvenating as well as cleansing skin benefits. Of course, it might also be a good idea to incorporate the product as part of your healthy drinking routine. Add a drop or two in your citrus drink and you may experience significant immune system support.
Melaleuca Essential Oil Blends Well With
There are quite a few different oils which would perfectly complement the overly beneficial effects of melaleuca essence. If you want to induce muscle relaxation you can try combining tea tree oil with lime oil – this may have a great effect. At the same time, combining it with other aromatic extracts such as lavender or rose oil, could deliver a calming and highly relaxing sensation.
It’s obvious that melaleuca oil may have quite a lot of powerful health benefits. Of course, it’s also important to be responsible and to use it with the necessary degree of caution. Overusing the substance could cause certain complications. However, with the reasonable amount of care, you wouldn’t experience any issues but you may benefit greatly. With this in mind, you can also blend it with other advantageous extracts to induce even more prominent health benefits.
The production of melaleuca oil began back in 1920 when it was industrialized. Ever since, the product has received the standing ovation of countless people. Yet, science has a lot of catching up to do. As such, the FDA hasn’t officially recognized the extract for its medicinal properties. This is why it’s not advisable to use it as substitution for any kind of clinically prescribed medication.