7 Outstanding Benefits of Lime Essential Oil
Are you feeling down lately?
Do you have issues with your immune system?
Do you have trouble keeping your blood sugar and cholesterol levels in the healthy range?
Citrus auranitifolia – this is a well known hybrid citrus fruit. Its typical shape is round and it has a green color. It’s about three to six centimeters in diameter. It’s known to contain acidic juice vesicles and there are a few different types of citrus trees which would produce it. The most commonly known one is the Key lime and the majority of the extracts are made out of its peel through the process of cold pressing. The extract may provide quite a lot of versatile health benefits and it’s definitely something you should own.
What is Lime Oil?
- Scientific Name: Citrus Aurantifolia
- Application: Aromatic, topical, internal
- Plant Part: Lime Peal
- Extraction Method: Expressed or cold pressed
- Aromatic Description: Tart, sweet and citrus
- Main Chemical Components: beta pinene, limonene and y-terpinene
- Support healthy immune functioning
- May be used as internal, topical and aromatic cleanser
- It stimulates emotional balance as well as well-being
- It promotes a positive mood
How to Use Lime Oil
Lime oil is one of the extracts which provide you with the chance of using it through all the three different application methods. It’s also important to note that different uses may deliver different benefits and that’s something to be considered. Below you will find the different ways of taking advantage of lime oil as well as the benefits that each one brings to the table. Keep in mind that you can also combine them in order to channel and concentrate the benefits for a stronger effect.
Lime Essential Oil Uses
- Aromatic Use: You can diffuse a few drops in order to induce an uplifting local environment. Use this at work in order to avoid feelings of lethargy in the afternoon.
- Topical Use: You can easily add a drop to your facial cleanser and apply it topically. This may provide you with significant cleansing properties and help you get rid of unpleasant skin blemishes.
- Internal Use: You can enhance the flavor of your drinking water by adding a drop if the oil. This may also act as a powerful internal cleanser.
Directions for Use:
There are certain things that you need to consider for each of the application methods. For instance, if you want to diffuse it, make sure that you don’t use more than 4 drops in the diffuser. This is the optimal quantity for best results. Furthermore, when you apply it topically, using carrier oil is advisable. This is why you can mix it with your moisturizer for safe and guaranteed results. If you want to use it internally, you shouldn’t mix more than one drop in approximately 4 fl. oz. of liquid. This may have a powerful cleansing effect for your entire body.
Lime Essential Oil Health Benefits
- It may help you with the overall functioning of your immune system. In order to induce these effects it’s best if you combine aromatic and internal use of the essence. This can provide you with the best effects.
- The oil, especially when diffused in your local environment, can promote emotional well-being and balance. It’s a convenient way to get through stressful moments of the day.
- You can add one drop of the oil in your drinking water. This is not only going to enhance its flavor but it may provide cleansing properties due to its high count of antioxidants.
- You can drink water with lime or with lemon instead of sugary drinks. This is going to have a better effect on your body.
- It might also support proper weight management if you incorporate it in your diet plan.
- It’s characterized by its distinctive scent of pure freshness. This is one of its strongest suits and that’s why it’s so highly regarded in aromatherapy.
- It could also help you clear your mind and concentrate. The oil may support the overall health of your nervous and brain system.
Lime Essential Oil Research
Lime is certainly something that you’ve tasted. After all, who hasn’t experienced the delight of a refreshing Mojito in a hot summer day? However, what you may be interested to find out is that this is a hybrid fruit which is currently grown throughout the entire world. The most famous type is called Key lime or Citrus Aurantifolia – this is kind that is used for the making of the useful essential oil. The peels of the fruit are treated with the process of cold pressing in order to extract the beneficial ingredients and to produce the actual oil. The latter is known to have quite a lot of different powerful benefits. Regardless of this fact, however, the FDA has failed in recognizing it as an official medicinal substance and as such it’s not yet approved.
Lime Essential Oil Nutrition
The fruit is overly known for its high acidic counts. It also contains a lot of antioxidants and that’s why it is considered to be a powerful internal cleanser. As such, prolonged usage may support gastrointestinal function as well as the overall health of your digestive system. It might help you with heartburn, stomach bloating, gases and the occasional indigestion. It may also support your colon health and it may prevent certain conditions. Using the oil as part of your daily cleansing routine might also support the overall health of your cardiovascular health. Apart from these internal uses, it is known to be very effective when applied topically. As such, diluting it with your moisturizer may help achieve that youthful look of your skin and prevent bad skin blemishes. It might be a good idea to replace sugary drinks with water with a few drops – this may further the strong health benefits of the substance. Keep in mind that while reported by numerous people, these health-enhancing properties are yet to be approved by the FDA.
Lime Essential Oil Safety
Just like lemon oil, lime oil is also rather powerful. It’s not one of the mild essences and as such you need to be careful not to overuse it. It is highly advisable to use additional carrier oil when you dilute it over sensitive skin areas in order to ensure that there are no irritations and complications. Furthermore, make sure that it doesn’t come in contact with your eyes or with your inner ears. Keep it away from children and always consult your physician in advance if you are pregnant or if you are undergoing any specific medical treatment.
Lime Essential Oil Substitute
The most characteristic thing about the oil is its high acidic and antioxidant count. As such, it could substitute a range of different cosmetic products designated for skin cleansing and reduction of blemishes or acne. It’s completely natural and you can use it instead of artificially created skin lotions, for instance. Furthermore, you can incorporate it as part of your cleansing and detoxification routines for the exact same reason.
Lime Essential Oil Blends Well With
Depending on the results that you might want to achieve, the oil blends well with a range of different extracts. For instance, if you want to induce a feeling of freshness and uplifting, you can blend it with grapefruit, lemon, orange and other fresh scents. At the same time, if you want to emphasize on its cleansing properties, you can blend the oil with black pepper, cedarwood, cilantro, melaleuca and others of this kind. It all depends on what you want to achieve but it’s important to know that lime oil is versatile and allows a lot of flexibility.
Just like lemon oil, the extract of lime may provide you with significant and rather substantial health benefits. This is the main reason for which the fruits have been cultivated and used for centuries. Regardless of whether you have homemade DIY aromatherapy in mind or you are looking for something more prominent to enhance your cleansing sessions, lime essential oil may help you out.
People have been using lime oil for hundreds of years. What is more, the juices of the hybrid citrus itself have been reported for a range of different benefits. There are studies which confirm the high count of antioxidants and beneficial acids. However, the FDA is yet to see the medical potential in this extract. This is the main reason for which it hasn’t been approved yet. This is also why you shouldn’t consider using it as a substitution for any clinically prescribed medication.
Download your FREE Essential Oils Quick Reference Guide
Print out this chart for an easy reference guide on how to use the 46 most popular essential oils!
- Always know how to use each oil correctly
- Downloadable, Printable, Saveable
- 100% Free!