Is your metabolism bothering you?
Wondering how to cope with wrinkles early on?
Are you troubled with skin blemishes?
Helichrysum italicum is a well known perennial herb which is characterized with its silvery leaves. The flowers of this beautiful plant form a bright golden cluster and have blossoms which are shaped like balls. Not only is the plant splendid, it’s also rather powerful in terms of health benefits. It’s mostly known for the rejuvenating skin health properties but it also bolsters a lot of anti-aging as well as overall health benefits. It has been used as an integral part of herbal health practices since ancient times.
Don't Miss Out!
What is Helichrysum Essential Oil?
- Scientific Name: Helichrysum italicum
- Application: Aromatic, topical, internal
- Plant Part: Flower
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Aromatic Description: Honey, hay and herbaceous
- Main Chemical Components: alpha pinene, y-curcumene and neryl acetate
- It can improve the overall appearance of your skin.
- It may assist in promoting and regulating healthier metabolism.
- It can help you reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles.
How to Use Black Helichrysum Oil
Helichrysum oil can be used with all three methods: internally, topically or as part of your aromatherapy. Different uses suggest various benefits which are rather isolated. With this in mind, you could use it internally as it may promote proper food digestion and it may stimulate your immune and nervous system. Topical usage is typically designated to tackle with wrinkles and skin blemishes while aromatherapy has an overly sensual and relaxing effect. Of course, if you want to capitalize on the health benefits of the oil, you could combine the methods for increased results.
Directions for Use
The uses are rather straightforward. For aromatic uses you can take advantage of any diffuser regardless of its kind. Simply add up to 4 drops of the oil and let the device to its thing. You will quickly start noticing the change in the air and this is going to have a very comforting effect on you. To battle acne pimples, wrinkles as well as skin blemishes, apply a drop or two of the oil to the designated area. Using carrier oil is advised. Internal usage is recommended if you experience certain digestive issues as the oil may help you out.
Helichrysum Essential Oil Uses
- Aromatic Use: You can use your regular diffuser and add up to four drops. This can help you combat piled up mental fatigue.
- Topical Use: Applying between one or two drops on the designated area can reduce skin blemishes and it may iron out some age-induced wrinkles.
- Internal Use: You can add one drop oil per every 4 fl. oz. of liquid. This may help you battle occasional indigestion, stomach bloating and gases.
Helichrysum Essential Oil Health Benefits
- Helichrysum oil may be particularly calming to your nervous system. It can also deliver a lot of benefits related to its overall functioning.
- If your neck is stiff and sore, you can rub it during a proper massage therapy in order to enhance the results and to induce a very soothing sensation.
- Applying the oil to your face can help you get rid of those annoying red pimples that accompany acne. Furthermore, it can help you prevent the further spread of the condition as well as to assist you with skin blemishes and your overall facial skin condition.
- There is emerging scientific research which reports the oil has quite powerful anti-aging properties.
- May possess powerful internal cleansing capabilities. With this in mind, it could help you through your detoxification sessions. You can also incorporate it in your diet in order to properly enhance and stimulate your weight loss efforts.
- When diffused, the oil is going to exude a very calming hay-like aroma. This plays an integral role on your emotional condition and it helps shaking off mental fatigue.
Helichrysum Essential Oil Research
Commonly referred to as the Immortal Flower, helychrysum is a very distinctive and characteristic plant. Its silvery stem and leaves combined with the golden blossoms and crown make it tremendously appealing. The name comes from the Greek words “helios” which stands for sun and “chrysos” which stands for gold, hence the name. The resemblance is absolutely evident. Apart from its impressive appeal, the plant is highly renowned for its healing properties and it has been involved in herbal health practices for centuries. The plant is mostly recognized for the powerful anti-aging benefits that it can have but it can also enhance your overall health. The science, however, is yet to catch up and this is why the FDA hasn’t approved the oil for any types of medicinal usage.
Helichrysum Essential Oil Nutrition
Using helichrysum over a longer period of time is going to concentrate and channel the benefits that it can have on your body. Continuous application of the oil on your face can prevent acne and other facial skin conditions as well as the appearance of blemishes. In order to achieve this effect, you can incorporate it in your regular morning routine. At the same time, it could also be taken internally. As such, you need to be rather careful and mix one drop in about 4 fl. oz. of liquid. This may support your overall health, including nervous, immune, digestive and even cardiovascular system. It may also help you if you are struggling with your metabolism. If you are experiencing bad breath problems, you can dissolve a drop in a glass of water and use it as a DIY mouthwash. This will promote a feeling of freshness in your mouth and it’s going to keep your hygiene at the required levels.
Helichrysum Essential Oil Safety
This oil is mostly used as a topical solution. With this in mind, you need to know that using carrier oil might be highly beneficial if you want to avoid skin irritations. Furthermore, it can promote a youthful complexion if used properly. You need to make sure that you keep it away from sensitive areas such as inner ears and eyes. It’s also of great importance to make sure that it doesn’t come in contact with children. Store it safely to prevent complications. On the other hand, if you are currently under medical supervision, undergoing any kind of treatment or you are pregnant, consulting your treating healthcare professional before using the oil is absolutely necessary.
Helichrysum Essential Oil Substitutes
We live in a world in which the cosmetic industry is advancing by leaps and bounds. Yet, the majority of the over-the-counter products are made out entirely out of artificial substances and synthetic compounds. Using helichrysum as an alternative in order to maintain proper skin condition might be a good idea. If you want to capitalize on its integral whole-body benefits, you might want to incorporate it in your daily regime. You can substitute your general mouth wash and use the technique that was mentioned above.
Helichrysum Essential Oil Blends Well With
The oil is not a demanding one. As such, it blends well with the majority of the essential oils. Some of the examples include Clary Sage, Roman Chamomile, Bergamot, Oregano, Wild Orange, Cypress, Geranium, Melaleuca, Tangerine and many more of this kind. In fact, blending it with another essential oil is going to further channel the benefits that both oils have to offer. Also, you might use one of the aforementioned oils which is not as powerful when applied topically as carrier in order to prevent skin irritation.
It is a plant with a significant amount of additional properties. Not only is it going to charm you with its fascinating appeal but it’s may help you out with a range of different health issues. If you are experiencing stomach bloating, gases or the occasional indigestion, if you are troubled with the appearance of acne pimples or other skin benefits, using it might truly help you out. You can definitely benefit from having a bottle of this on your aroma-shelf.
This is a plant which has reported health benefits ever since the ancient times. Thousands of people have used it for the properties that it brings on the table. What is more, there is emerging research which emphasizes on the anti-aging benefits that it may bring. Despite all that, the FDA hasn’t yet issued an official approval for its medicinal capacities. This is why you shouldn’t be using it as an alternative to any prescribed medication.
Download your FREE Essential Oils Quick Reference Guide
Get instant access to your Essential Oils Quick Reference Guide.