Do you have issues with skin blemishes?
Do you struggle with an improper metabolism?
To the regular person grapefruit is just a normal citrus with a distinctive taste. However, the peels of this exotic fruit, commonly referred to as the “forbidden fruit” as well as one of the “Seven Wonders of Barbados”, are cold pressed in order to get a very powerful and enhancing essential oil. It can provide enhancing skin condition properties as well as to help with the reduction of the appearance of blemishes. Furthermore, it may also help regulate your metabolic functions and to provide you with an energetic and uplifting sensation.
What is Grapefruit Essential Oil?
- Scientific Name: Citrus X Paradisi
- Application: Aromatic, topical, internal
- Plant Part: Peel (Grapefruit rinds)
- Extraction Method: Cold Pressed
- Aromatic Description: Fruity, floral as well as citrus
- Main Chemical Components: d-Limonene
- It can improve skin condition and prevent blemishes
- It may help you with your metabolism
- It can bring a sensation of excitement and uplifting
How to Use Black Grapefruit Oil
Grapefruit oil could be used with all three methods – it can be applied topically, diffused or internally. With this in mind, it’s important to stress out that different application methods have isolated effects. For instance, if you use it topically, this can promote healthier overall skin condition, while if you use it internally, this may support a rather healthy metabolism. You can also diffuse it in order to induce a feeling of excitement and a rush of energy. Of course, if you want to capitalize on the benefits, you can combine the usage and create a bouquet of advantages.
Directions for Use:
Right off the bat, diffusing up to four drops of the oil in a commercially bought diffuser of your choice can keep you motivated and energetic. At the same time, if you combine one or two drops of the oil with your facial moisturizer you may significantly enhance the appeal of your face and prevent skin blemishes. Last but not least, it could be mixed with water. Add one drop per 4 fl. oz. and the resulting liquid may help you with your proper metabolism.
Grapefruit Essential Oil Uses
- Aromatic Use: Diffusing a few drops of the oil can help stimulate your motivation and to help you lose weight.
- Topical Use: You can use a few drops in combination with your facial moisturizer in order to enhance the skin condition on your face.
- Internal Use: Adding one or two drops of the essential oil may help you regulate your metabolism.
Grapefruit Essential Oil Health Benefits
- Right off the bat, you can add it to your nightly facial routine. This can improve the overall healthy appearance of your skin. Furthermore, this is particularly beneficial for teens who suffer from acne as the oil may help you get rid of the annoying and unpleasant blemishes. It would be a good idea to avoid significant exposure to sun.
- If you are trying to drop off some extra pounds after a heavy winter, for instance, it could help you out. Add up to four drops in your diffuser and enjoy the aroma. You will quickly feel how your motivation is rising. The aroma itself is also capable of helping you lose weight.
- If you are having problems with irregular metabolism, the oil may help you out significantly. You can add one or two drops to your water or tea, for instance. This may boost a healthier metabolism and overall health condition.
- It is capable of leaving you with an uplifting fragrance and a feeling of lightness and calmness. As such, it is one of the most commonly used oils for regular massage therapies.
Grapefruit Essential Oil Research
Interestingly, it is widely known as one of the “Seven Wonders of Barbados” as well as the “forbidden fruit”. The citrus was documented back in 1750 for the very first time. The person who did it was called Rev. Griffith Hughes – a Welshman. Much like grapes, this citrus is known to grow in clusters, hence the name. The fruit is overly popular for its plentiful beneficial properties. It delivers invigorating as well as energizing aroma, securing an overly positive and uplifted mood when used as part of your aromatherapy. This can also help you clear your mind from the troubles of the day. It’s also renowned for its purifying and cleansing capabilities. This is why a lot of skin care products take advantage of the essence and incorporate it in their compounds. Even though it is widely known and very popular for the benefits that it brings on the table, science is yet to catch up. As such, the FDA hasn’t approved the usage of this advantageous substance for medicinal purposes.
Grapefruit Essential Oil Nutrition
The entire grapefruit is used for its healing and enhancing properties – from the meaty part of the fruit to its peels, which are used for the making of the essential oil. As such, the citrus is known for its nutrition value as well as for the benefits of prolonged usage of the essential oil. It is one of the citruses which are particularly high in antioxidants. This is why it’s incorporated in almost every other diet plan. The essential oil itself can help you out with losing weight if you diffuse it while working out, for instance. Apart from that, the oil is known to have certain metabolism-enhancing properties and it can attribute to proper skin condition and reduce the appearance of blemishes.
Grapefruit Essential Oil Safety
Grapefruit essential oil is powerful and you should be aware of it. As such, when you use it topically, it’s advisable that you take advantage of carrier oil. This is going to ensure that there are no skin irritations at overly sensitive areas. Furthermore, you must keep it away from your eyes and from your inner ears. There is a recommended quantity that could be taken internally and taking more might cause certain complications. Therefore, you should make sure that it’s safely stored away from children. If you are undergoing any specific treatments or you are currently pregnant, you need to consult your physician or your gynecologist prior to using.
Grapefruit Essential Oil Substitutes
As you can see, one of the main properties of grapefruit essential oil is to assist you with your weight loss program. Diffused, the oil can truly help you out. As such, it could serve as a replacement for certain additional supplements. At the same time, it can help improve your facial skin condition. Therefore, you could use it as an alternative to certain over-the-counter cosmetics which are filled with synthetic substances. When taken internally, it may help with the improvement of your metabolism. This means that you can incorporate it in your diet plan to stimulate long-term benefits in this regard.
Grapefruit Essential Oil Blends Well With
Grapefruit oil is a very versatile compound. As such, it goes along perfectly well with quite a lot of different essences. Some of the examples include but are most certainly not limited to: Ylang Ylang, Frankincense, Basil, Bergamot, Peppermint, Rosemary, Wild Orange and others of the kind. In fact, you can use certain oils as complementary to the effects of it or as carriers for diluting it over sensitive skin areas.
We are all well aware that grapefruit is a tasty delight with a distinctive savor. However, as it turns out, it also has huge application as an essence. Once cold pressed, the peels produce this beneficial essential oil and deliver a huge range of advantages. Prolonged usage of the substance can induce long-term health and cosmetic benefits. It can help you out with your skin condition, metabolism, overall health condition, weight loss, motivation and a whole lot of other important aspects.
Grapefruit has been around for almost 3 centuries. Thousands of people throughout the entire world have reported its beneficial properties. What is more, grapefruit itself is subjected to a lot of scientific research and the data shows that it can provide tons of advantages. However, it is yet to be determined whether these properties have the necessary strength and qualities to be used medicinally. As of now, it’s not recommended to use it as replacement for prescribed medication or approved by the FDA.
Download your FREE Essential Oils Quick Reference Guide
Get instant access to your Essential Oils Quick Reference Guide.