Ginger Oil: More Than Just an Amazing Essential Oil
Do you experience stomach bloating?
Do you get really lethargic in the early hours of the afternoon?
Don’t you want to add a pinch of distinctive flavor to your meal?
Ginger is undoubtedly one of the most popular plants whose rhizome – the ginger root is very widely used. It serves as a spice but it could also be distilled to create a beneficial essential oil. This is a herbaceous perennial is known to grow its annual stems no more than a meter from the ground. The leaves are green and it has definitive,highly recognizable yellow flowers. The oil is widely used for its convenient health-enhancing properties.
What is Ginger Oil?
- Scientific Name: Zingiber Officinale
- Application: Aromatic, topical, internal
- Plant Part: Root
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Aromatic Description: Spicy, hot and distinctive
- Main Chemical Components: Alfa zingiberene and Beta sesquiphellandrene
- It may help enhance digestion functions
- Ginger could help reduce gas, bloated stomach, as well as occasional indigestion
- If you are having problems with occasional nausea, ginger oil may help you
How to Use Black Ginger Oil
As far as its application goes, ginger oil is known to be a very versatile substance. As such, it could be used topically, internally and as an aromatic therapy. Each of these usages has independent functions; hence you will be capable of isolating certain issues and targeting them individually. Of course, you can also use the oil in all three ways to create a bouquet of benefits that will enhance your overall body health.
Directions for Use:
Apart from diffusing it while you are driving, you can also diffuse one to three drops of it in your home or in your office. This may elevate your spirits and get you through the lethargic first few hours of the afternoon when all you want to do is sleep. it is a well known condiment and it can spice up a wide range of different meals to add that pinch of characteristic taste. Ginger oil, on the other hand, could be applied topically with a carrier oil to induce a feeling of softness and relaxation.
Ginger Essential Oil Uses
- Aromatic Use: Diffuse a few drops of it during lengthy car rides to keep your focus on the road.
- Topical Use: Can be used as a topical solution as it may provide significant antioxidant protection, hence preventing skin inflammations. You can also apply it over your lower abdomen while getting a relaxing massage.
- Internal Use: If you want to use it internally you should add no more than one drop per an approximation of about 4 fl. oz. of liquid. This may enhance your digestive functions and could prevent bloating, gas problems and the occasional indigestion.
Ginger Essential Oil Health Benefits
- Apply over your lower abdomen while you are getting a soothing massage. This is going to further enhance the overall feeling of calmness and relaxation.
- May help reduce occasional nausea as well as to provide relief from bloating, gas and the occasional indigestion issues.
- Being a very widely used condiment, it is used in a lot of delicious meal. As such, it is known for its particularly characteristic and definitive spicy and hot taste. If you are running out of ideas how to make your meal tastier, a pinch of it is almost always a good option.
- It has also been reported to support proper functioning of your joints. This is thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties that it delivers.
- Well known appetite suppressant to help you lose weight.
- The aroma is known to induce a feeling of excitement and energy., diffuse a drop or two while you are driving on a monotonous road trip to keep your focus sharp on the road. You can do the same in your office in order to be active throughout the entire day.
- When blended with Fractionated Coconut Oil, the mixture is going to induce a significant feeling of sensitivity. It is a widely used blend in a range of massage studios and a preferred oil amongst a lot of people.
Ginger Essential Oil Research
The first thing that you need to know about it is that it’s a flowering plant, which is rather beautiful. Its yellow flowers, especially when found in abundance create a tremendously charming sensation of a vast yellow, slightly magical field. However, apart from being truly eye-catching, it is known for having strong health benefits for your overall body. People have reportedly been using it for calming stomach aches caused by indigestion, bloating and gases. At the same time, it may also help get rid of nausea. And, of course, it’s a very tasty spice which is added to a range of different meals. However, it’s important to note that while certain researches and a lot of people have reported the primary health benefits of the substance, the FDA is yet to approve its medicinal properties.
Ginger Essential Oil Nutrition
Now, apart from being used as an essential oil, it is a commonly used condiment and it goes splendidly with an array of meals. It has no saturated fats, trans-fats, cholesterol or other harmful substances. Now, ginger essential oil, on the other hand, may help you with a range of different issues. For instance, internal usage of the product (one drop in about 4fl. oz. of liquid) may stimulate proper digestion. Furthermore, you can apply it in combination with carrier oil to induce a relaxing and soothing effect on your skin. It is a very well known therapeutic aroma as well, causing an energetic feeling. Prolonged usage may help you deal with nausea, occasional indigestion, stress issues as well as gas-related problems and stomach-bloating.
Ginger Essential Oil Safety
It’s highly advisable that you keep the oil away from children as they may incidentally swallow it in abnormal quantities or apply it to overly sensitive skin areas. The oil brings in prominent skin-enhancing capabilities but it’s advisable that you use it with carrier oil which would dampen the potential skin irritation. At the same time, you want to keep it away from overly sensitive areas and from your eyes and inner years. If you are currently undergoing certain specific treatments, you should refrain from using the product unless you consult your treating physician first.
Ginger Essential Oil Substitutes
We mentioned that the aroma of ginger oil is rather spicy and hot. This is because it is known to show strong anti-inflammatory properties. As such, you must always use it with care. It is best to use carrier oil in order to prevent skin sensitivity. Furthermore, it is absolutely necessary to keep it away from children. They can accidentally digest more than the accepted quantity or they can put it in their eyes, hence causing a lot of issues. With this in mind, it’s also advisable to keep it away from sensitive areas such as your inner ears and eyes. If you are undergoing any special medical treatment or pregnancy, it’s a good idea to consult your physician or your gynecologist prior to using Ginger oil.
Ginger Essential Oil Blends Well With
Ginger oil can be used in combination with a wide range of different essential oils to accomplish better results. With this in mind, some of the most appropriate companions include palmarosa, nerola, orange, geranium, coriander, clove, cedarwood, sandalwood, rose, mandarin, lime, lemon and others of the kind. This may enhance the overly positive health benefits. Furthermore, combining the oil with other ones could reduce possible skin irritations.
Apart from being a widely used condiment to spice up your food and add a distinctive taste, It is the source of a very beneficial essential oil. The substance extracted from its roots offers a range of interesting health advantages which spread throughout your entire body. What is more, you can easily combine it with almost any other essential oil, not limited to the list mentioned above, in order to induce additional benefits. Being used through all three application methods, it remains one of the most highly recognized substances.
Regardless of the fact that it is an extract which has been known and used for ages, science is yet to catch up with the research. Numerous users have experienced and reported the primary health benefits of the oil and it has also been cited in a few scientific reports. However, the FDA hasn’t yet officially recognized and backed the product for medicinal usage and it shouldn’t be used as an alternative to any pharmaceutical option.