Are you feeling overly anxious lately?
Do you want to actively rejuvenate your skin?
Is your IBS becoming more pressing?
It’s absolutely no surprise that Frankincense has been eagerly sought after ever since ancient times. The Gospel of Matthew even poses that this was one of the three gifts which were brought to Jesus as a baby by the three men of wisdom. This is a milky white resin which is extracted using the method of steam distillation of certain trees indigenous to the Arabian Peninsula as well as to India and East Africa. It offers a range of benefits for your overall physical as well as emotional health. Frankincense essential oil’s aroma is one of its primarily enchanting characteristics that the majority of people quickly fall in love with.
[highlight icon=”fa-info-circle” label=”Don’t miss out” color=”green” content=”%3Ch4%3E%3Ca%20href%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fpurepathessentialoils.com%2Fessential-oils-guide%2F%22%3EClick%20here%20to%20see%20our%20Ultimate%20Guide%20to%20Using%20Essential%20Oils!%3C%2Fa%3E%3C%2Fh4%3E” /]
What is Frankincense Essential Oil?
[highlight icon=”fa-heartbeat” label=”Quick Facts” color=”pink” content=”%3Cul%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EScientific%20Name%3A%3C%2Fb%3E%C2%A0%3Cem%3EBoswellia%3C%2Fem%3E%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EApplication%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Aromatic%2C%20topical%2C%20internal%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EPlant%20Part%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Resin%20from%20Boswellia%20Frereana%2C%20Carterii%20and%20Sacra%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EExtraction%20Method%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Steam%20distillation%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EAromatic%20Description%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Spicy%2C%20warm%20and%20clean%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EMain%20Chemical%20Components%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Limonene%2C%20ot-thujene%2C%20ox-pinene%3C%2Fli%3E%3C%2Ful%3E” /]
- Supports your overall immune, digestive and nervous functioning when taken internally
- Promoting the feeling of relaxation through its calming aroma
- Helps with the appearance of skin imperfections if applied topically
How to Use Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense essential oil can be used in a range of different ways. Every single application type will provide specific benefits. This means that you could easily determine the usage method in accordance with your current needs. Of course, you could also use it in all the three possible ways in order to draw the absolute maximum benefit from this enhancing essential oil.
Directions for Use:
Simply use up to three or four drops in any commercially bought diffuser of your choice and you will be all set. In order to use it topically, you should apply one or two drops at most to the designated skin area. It’s advisable to use carrier oil in order to reduce the sensitivity of your skin. If you want to use it internally, you can dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid
Frankincense Essential Oil Uses
- Aromatic Use: Frankincense essential oil could be diffused in order to promote the feeling of relaxation.
- Topical Use: You can apply between one and two drops to the designated skin area. Use a carrier oil in order to distribute it and to minimize the sensitivity of the skin.
- Internal Use: You can dilute one drop in approximately 4 fl. oz. of liquid in order to induce digestive support as well as variety of different benefits associated with your immune and nervous system.
Frankincense Essential Oil Health Benefits
- You can add Frankincense essential oil to your moisturizer in order to actively rejuvenate your skin as well as to reduce the overall appearance of blemishes on your skin.
- If you are having issues with your mouth hygiene, it helps keeping your teeth, gums and mouth looking healthy as well as perfectly clean.
- Diffuse the essential oil during your regular morning yoga routines. This is going to start your day in a perfect way. It’s going to induce a feeling of relaxation, quickly dissolving any feelings of anxiety that you may have.
- Helps with the support of your overall health of your GI tract as well as your digestive system. Hence, people suffering from IBS could incorporate it in their treatment plans. This is mainly due to the fact that it can speed up the production of acids, bile and other gastric juices, thus allowing food to move quickly and freely throughout your intestinal tract.
- The essential oil is also known for regulating the production of estrogen in women. Therefore, it could reduce the risk of cyst formation in your uterus as well as other serious conditions. It’s also known for regulating the menstrual cycle of women who are in their premenopausal age.
- Is particularly calming as well as relaxing and soothing to your nervous system. This is why it supports its proper functioning.
Frankincense Essential Oil Research
Now, Frankincense essential oil originates from certain Arabian and African regions such as Oman, Somalia, Ethiopia, Yemen and others. This stems from the fact that it’s produced from the resin of Boswellia genus trees such as the Boswellia carteri and sacra. Clear and silvery, it oil is considered to be of the highest quality as long as it has a notable green tinge. Its brown-yellow counterparts are usually those which are readily available as they are the cheapest. The oil has been revered in the Middle East for quite some time, where it’s used for its healing capacities. Even though there have been extensive research which conclusively determines the healing capacities of Frankincense essential oil, these statements are yet to be evaluated and approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
Frankincense Essential Oil Nutrition
There is a wide array of different advantages of prolonged usage. The health benefits which stem are mostly delivered by its anti-inflammatory as well as the disinfectant, antiseptic, astringent, digestive, expectorant as well as diuretic properties. The substance can provide carminative, cicatrisant, emanagogue as well as uterine and vulnerary benefits. The oil is considered to be a tonic. This is due to the fact that it helps all of the systems which operate in our bodies, including the excretory, nervous, respirator and the digestive ones. This is mainly because the oil is known to help with the proper absorption of nutrients as well as the strengthening of your overall immune system. Keep in mind that although scientists as well as users have cited its significant health benefits, the aforementioned claims have not been approved by the FDA.
Frankincense Essential Oil Safety
Because of its prominence and powerful effects, it could potentially cause some mild skin irritation and sensitivity. This is why it is wise to use carrier oil when you apply it topically. It is also advisable to keep it out of reach of children. Furthermore, if you are currently pregnant, nursing a child or you are under the direct supervision of a doctor, it is highly recommended that you consult a physician prior to using it. You should also avoid contact with your inner ears, eyes as well as any overly sensitive areas.
Frankincense Essential Oil Substitutes
Right off the bat, the oil is known to speed up the overall food digestion. Hence, if you have any issues such as IBS or constipation, gas, stomach aches, cramps or PMS, you could substitute over-the-counter products with one or two drops in 4 fl. oz. of liquid. Furthermore, you can also add it to your facial moisturizer as it’s known to be a prominent astringent. You can use it to reduce certain acne blemishes as well as to slow down the natural process of aging. It could also be used as a substitute for topical joint-pain creams as it can provide a lot of powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Of course, I wouldn’t rely solely on it, but it can definitely help.
Frankincense Essential Oil Blends Well With
Now, the oil is pretty powerful and helpful on its own. However, if you want to guarantee even better results, it’s comforting to know that it blends well with a wide range of different citrus oils. The examples include but are not limited to wild orange, lemon and lime. Furthermore, it oil is also used with Lavender, Cypress, Rose, Ylang, Clary Sage and other essential oils. In fact, if you apply it to sensitive skin areas, it is best to use one of the above as a carrier to prevent skin irritation and over-sensitivity.
[call2action label=”SHOP FOR THIS OIL” link=”https://purepathessentialoils.com/buy/frankincense-oil/” color=”purple” rel=”follow” target=”self” /]
Apart from inducing a relaxing, calming and stress-relieving sensation through its splendid aroma, it is also capable of bringing forth a lot of health advantages. Whether you are experiencing issues with your digestive tract or you need something to help you with strengthen your immune system during colder months, the essential oil can provide you with a helping hand. With a versatile arrange of different uses, this essential oil most certainly deserves a spot on your all-natural essential oils shelf.
Even though Frankincense has been around since ancient times and has helped a significant amount of people, science struggles in catching up. There are certain studies which back up its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and other properties. Furthermore, a lot of users have reported its beneficial qualities. However, these studies are rather limited and, therefore, a lot more research needs to be carried out. This is the main reason for which the FDA is yet to approve Frankincense for any type of medical usage. It shouldn’t be used as a substitute or alternative for medically prescribed drugs.