Are you struggling through a difficult period of transition?
Do you need an energizing boost before you lace up your running shoes?
Is your beauty regimen not working on your oily skin?
When you picture Tuscany, what often comes to mind are images of beautiful, narrow trees lining roadways or drawing your eye to a sprawling manor house. These striking trees are cypress trees. The essential oil derived from the branches of these trees has many incredible benefits. The ability to sink long roots and survive in challenging circumstances makes these trees hearty, survivors and this directly impacts the oil that is produced from their twigs and stems. It can assist in cleansing your emotions and healing after stressful periods of transition in your life. Cypress also promotes blood flow and can increase vitality while giving you a targeted boost of energy. In addition, it can help your complexion by improving the appearance of skin that is prone to oiliness. It also has such an invigorating scent that it is often the oil of choice for massage therapists.
[highlight icon=”fa-info-circle” label=”Don’t miss out” color=”green” content=”%3Ch4%3E%3Ca%20href%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fpurepathessentialoils.com%2Fessential-oils-guide%2F%22%3EClick%20here%20to%20see%20our%20Ultimate%20Guide%20to%20Using%20Essential%20Oils!%3C%2Fa%3E%3C%2Fh4%3E” /]
What is Cypress Essential Oil?
[highlight icon=”fa-heartbeat” label=”Quick Facts” color=”pink” content=”%3Cul%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EScientific%20Name%3A%3C%2Fb%3E%C2%A0%3Cem%3ECupressus%20sempervirens%3C%2Fem%3E%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EApplication%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Aromatic%2C%20topical%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EPlant%20Part%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Branches%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EExtraction%20Method%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Steam%20distillation%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EAromatic%20Description%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Fresh%2C%20Distinctive%2C%20Woody%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EMain%20Chemical%20Components%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20%CE%B1-pinene%2C%203-carene%2C%20limonene%3C%2Fli%3E%3C%2Ful%3E” /]
- Has a refreshing and invigorating aroma that also has an equalizing effect on emotions
- Can convey a boost of energy, while also promoting vitality
- Has cleansing properties, including when used on the skin
How to Use Cypress
Cypress oil can be used both aromatically and topically. Different applications produce different benefits. It is recommended to use it in multiple ways to achieve the maximum advantage from this energizing oil.
- Aromatic Use: Can be diffused to reduce feelings of anxiety and can be blended with lime to create a refreshing citrus, evergreen combination.
- Topical Use: When used topically, it can have multiple functions. When applied directly to the legs or chest it increases vitality. When used directly on the skin, it can combat oiliness and help keep skin fresh. It can also be used as massage oil.
- Internal Use: Not recommended for internal use.
Directions for Use:
For aromatic use place three or four drops in the diffuser of your choice. If you are combining it with another oil reduce the amount accordingly. For an energizing boost apply two or three drops to the targeted area, for example, your chest or legs. To use in your beauty regimen add one or two drops to toner before attacking your oily skin
Cypress Essential Oil Health Benefits
- Prior to gardening, dab a few drops of on your chest for energy- Before you slip on your gardening gloves and get out your trowel, apply to your torso and get ready to weed that entire bed of begonias! When applied this way promotes vitality.
- Use for a soothing massage- If you can’t afford to sell your car for a weekend at the spa, do this instead. Invite a friend over and give each other neck massages. Blend with lavender or peppermint and a carrier oil for a relaxing experience without ever leaving your house.
- Diffuse at times of transition or loss- When life gets overwhelming, can decrease feelings of anxiety. It can also assist in stabilizing emotions and promote clear breathing.
- Use in a toner to combat oily skin- If your t-zone drives you crazy and necessitates blotting papers throughout the day, give this a try. It also supports your skin to keep it healthy looking and can even minimize the appearance of blemishes.
- Before running apply to your legs and feet- The energizing properties are great for helping maximize exercise. On those mornings when even tying your sneakers seems daunting, may give you the boost you need to get out of the house and get going.
- Diffuse with lime for a refreshing aroma. Cypress essential oil can’t actually take you to Italy, but this combination evokes a beautiful Mediterranean summer day.
Cypress Essential Oil Research
This essential oil has been thought to have antiseptic and antibacterial properties for many years. It is even possible to use it as a deodorant. These antiseptic properties are critically important in its ability to improve the tone of oily skin and reduce the appearance of blemishes. In addition, some studies have shown that the camphene inhibited the growth of both bacteria and yeasts in test subjects. This could lead to a wide range of uses for it when antibacterial qualities are needed. The claims derived from these tests, however, have not yet been evaluated by the FDA.
Cypress Essential Oil Nutrition
Long-term use can be beneficial in many ways. For those dealing with grief, extended use throughout the period of mourning can help regulate mood and decrease anxiety. This is also true for those struggling with other types of stressful transitions. Even when life is running smoothly the invigorating and refreshing aroma of diffused cypress can offer buoyancy of the spirits. If you are using topically, it is critically important to make it a habit. To produce the most obvious effects and reap the benefits for your skin, it should be combined with toner on a daily basis. This will assist the skin in keeping a healthy appearance and allow for the maximum benefit of the antiseptic and antibacterial properties. These are the properties that make it adept at reducing blemishes. In addition, it has a calming effect on the skin, similar to the calming effect of the aroma.
Cypress Essential Oil Safety
This essential oil is safe to use both topically and aromatically. While it can be diluted with a carrier oil when applied topically, it can also be used “neat” with no distillation necessary. If you suspect you may have sensitive skin it is safer to dilute first and try on a small area before you commit to a full body massage. It is important to keep out of the reach of children. If you are pregnant or nursing you should always consult your doctor. When using on your face, keep the oil away from your immediate eye area.
Cypress Essential Oil Substitutes
The antibacterial and antiseptic properties of it make it a good supplement to your skincare routine. It could easily reduce the need for specialized acne fighters, pore minimizers, and ridiculously overpriced face washes. When used in a massage it can alleviate sore muscles, minimizing the need for patches or pain killers that aim to do the same. Its ability to increase energy and boost vitality make it a natural substitute for energy drinks or even for the two dozen cups of coffee you may have resorted to drinking to get through your day.
Cypress Essential Oil Blends Well With
Cypress essential oil blends well with many other essential oils. When diffusing, many combinations are possible. Diffuse with pine and juniper for a woodsy scent that is reminiscent of the outdoors. Diffuse with lime for a whiff of the Italian countryside. At your discretion, enhance the experience with a grilled Branzino and a glass of limoncello.
Combine it with lavender or peppermint for a relaxing neck massage. For a rejuvenating massage, combine it with light and uplifting grapefruit oil. Another great blend can be achieved by mixing it with bergamot and chamomile. These oils all have sedative properties and can be very relaxing when blended together. Use this combination aromatically or blend it with a carrier oil such as coconut oil for a fantastic massage. This combination can also be used directly in a warm bath after a particularly stressful day at the office to encourage relaxation
[call2action label=”SHOP FOR THIS OIL” link=”https://purepathessentialoils.com/buy/cypress-oil/” color=”purple” rel=”follow” target=”self” /]
Cypress trees are striking and unique and so is the oil made from distilling their greenery. When you are faced with a stressful transition or loss, cypress oil can ground your emotions and soothe feelings of anxiety. It can also help energize you, making you feel refreshed and more at ease. When it is used topically it can promote vitality and help energize you to achieve your physical goals, whether you are a runner or a gardener. Using it as part of your beauty routine can improve the look of blemishes and having clearer skin can assist in boosting self-confidence and pride in your appearance.
Although it is totally natural it is just beginning to be the subject of serious studies. These studies hope to prove its effectiveness. While they have shown it can help promote vitality and that it has important antiseptic and antibacterial properties these have been small samples. It needs to be researched on a much larger scale to ensure scientific results. Until this happens, these claims will be approved by the Food and Drug Administration. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.