Do you have trouble sleeping at night?
Do your skin, hair, and nails look dull or unhealthy?
Are your skin or muscles usually irritated or restless?
Clary sage essential oil originates from the perennial herb by means of steam distillation. It has been widely used since the middle ages for its calming and relaxation effects. This essential oil is particularly good for soothing irritated skin or period cramps. It has a wonderful scent, when used in a diffuser, and it’s useful for easing stress and quieting anxious moods. Topically applying the oil can improve both hair and skin.
[highlight icon=”fa-info-circle” label=”Don’t miss out” color=”green” content=”%3Ch4%3E%3Ca%20href%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fpurepathessentialoils.com%2Fessential-oils-guide%2F%22%3EClick%20here%20to%20see%20our%20Ultimate%20Guide%20to%20Using%20Essential%20Oils!%3C%2Fa%3E%3C%2Fh4%3E” /]
What is Clary Sage Essential Oil?
[highlight icon=”fa-heartbeat” label=”Quick Facts” color=”pink” content=”%3Cul%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EScientific%20Name%3A%3C%2Fb%3E%C2%A0%3Ci%3ESalvia%20sclarea%3C%2Fi%3E%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EApplication%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Aromatic%2C%20Topical%2C%20Internal%2C%20Neat%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EPlant%20Part%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Flower%20or%20leaf%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EExtraction%20Method%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Steam%20distillation%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EAromatic%20Description%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Slightly%20sweet%2C%20floral%2C%20earthy%2C%20gentle%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EMain%20Chemical%20Components%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Linalyl%20acetate%2C%20Linalool%3C%2Fli%3E%3C%2Ful%3E” /]
- Can relax an overactive or stressful mind. Helps calm anxious moods.
- Soothes sensitive skin and helps relieve period cramping.
- Can improve the look of hair, skin and nails.
- Can relax overworked body parts, such as the feet.
How to Use Clary Sage Essential Oil
This essential oil provides numerous health benefits, which can be applied aromatically, topically and internally. Use one method to target an area that can use clary sage for relief, or apply in all three ways for allover calmness and relaxation.
Directions for Use
For aromatic use, add a few drops of this oil to a store-bought diffuser to create a calm and relaxing atmosphere. It can also be combined with other calm-inducing essential oils. For topical use, you do not need to use a carrier oil with it. Simply apply a few drops to strained feet or a cramping abdomen, and gently rub it in. For internal use, such as in tea, always dilute each drop of clary sage oil with four ounces of water before ingesting.
Clary Sage Essential Oil Uses
- Aromatic: To use the oil aromatically, add a few drops to a diffuser by itself or with other relaxing essential oils. Inhale the floral scent for easing a stressful mind. This is also useful for calming anxious moods. A few drops can be added to your pillow at night for a peaceful and deep sleep.
- Topical: This essential oil can be applied topically in multiple ways. It can be lightly dropped onto the base of the feet when they are feeling cramped. It can also be rubbed into the abdomen to reduce period cramping. Combine the essential oil with hair conditioner to give dull hair a shiny and healthy look. Soaking in a tub with it added to the water helps soothe irritated skin, and the aroma can help relaxation.
- Internal: Although it isn’t commonly used in cooking, it can be combined with other essential oils with similar qualities in teas and beverages to help promote a relaxed mood and a sense of calmness. This is great for drinking during PMS or before going to sleep.
Clary Sage Essential Oil Health Benefits
- During the menstrual cycle, this essential oil can help in a couple of ways. Apply it topically over the abdomen, and gently massage it in to help sooth cramps and aching. For mood swings, or short temper, drink it in a tea with other calming oils and flavors.
- This essential oil can be applied topically to pressure points, such as on the feet, to help relax any overworked or aching areas.
- For a relaxing bath, add several drops of it to warm bath water. This will help heal and sooth any irritated skin, and the aroma will also help ease the mind.
- Adding it to a diffuser in a few drops will help reduce anxious moods, and will create a calm atmosphere. This is useful after a long day at work or if you need to focus on a task.
- The essential oil is great for kickstarting a good night’s sleep. The essential oil can be either applied aromatically in a diffuser, applied topically to a pillow, or applied internally in a cup of tea to create a calm and collective mood. This is a great way to relax before going to bed.
- If your hair is dull or damaged, combine a few drops of this essential oil to your hair conditioner, and apply it topically to promote a healthy scalp and head of hair. You hair will become smooth and shiny.
- Combine this oil with a slew of other calming essential oils, such as lavender, black pepper, sandalwood, coriander, and grapefruit to synergistically calm the nervous system.
Clary Sage Essential Oil Research
This essential oil is believed to provide numerous health benefits, but it is most commonly used to help relieve irritated skin, so the healing process may begin. A study in 2015 showed the effects of using the essential oil to treat Staphylococcus aureus, epidermidis, and xylosus by applying the essential oil to strains removed from patients with infections. It showed that clary sage oil can be applied to wounds and skin infections as treatment. The antimicrobial properties of it can help treat irritation and infection. It does not serve as a replacement for prescribed medicine, and these claims are not FDA approved.
Clary Sage Essential Oil Nutrition
This essential oil is not normally used in cooking, but it can be applied internally to promote a happy mood and to synergistically regulate the nervous system. Drinking it in a tea or other hot beverage is a great way to prepare for a restful night of sleep and to relieve anxious moods or short temper. This oil can be applied topically to the abdomen to reduce menstrual cramping, and it can also be applied to pressure points, such as the feet, to reduce aching muscles. This essential oil leaves great effects on hair, skin and nail when added to hair wash or bathtub water. It will create shiny, undamaged hair and sooth irritated skin.
Clary Sage Essential Oil Safety
This essential oil is a relatively safe product to use on skin and internally. For topical treatments, clary sage oil can be applied without the use of a carrier oil, and it can be massaged directly into skin. For using on hair, combine the oil with your shampoo or conditioner. It can be applied directly to your pillow or combined with other essential oils in a diffuser for a peaceful night of sleep. For applying internally, dilute each drop with four ounces of water before ingesting. If you are pregnant or nursing, consult with a physician before using.
Clary Sage Essential Oil Substitutes
This essential oil has many internal and external benefits, particularly for effecting moods and states of mind, as well as skin irritation. The essential oil can substitute for many type of over-the-counter products that can be purchased at a drug store. Instead of investing in expensive lotions or creams, apply clary sage oil to irritated skin, such as a rash. It should help soothe any itching or burning. Irritated skin can also be remedied in a warm bath mixed with it. Instead of paying for popular PMS drugs, such as Midol, drink the oil diluted in hot tea to calm your nerves and silence a short temper. It can also be massaged into the abdomen to relieve menstrual cramps.
Clary Sage Essential Oil Blends Well With
This essential oil has a gentle and floral aroma to it, so it blends in very well with quite a lot of other essential oils. For using in a diffuser, combine the oil with lavender, coriander, cardamom, bergamot or sandalwood to relax your mood or calm anxious moods. For drinking in a tea or hot beverage, combine it with black pepper, chamomile, grapefruit, orange, lemon or rose for a delicious remedy to ease your nerves. You can also combine it with other relaxing oils, such as cinnamon or cardamom, with a carrier oil for a muscle-unwinding massage.
[call2action label=”SHOP FOR THIS OIL” link=”https://purepathessentialoils.com/buy/clary-sage-oil/” color=”purple” rel=”follow” target=”self” /]
Clary sage essential oil is a fantastic oil that has been used as far back as the Middle Ages for its relaxing and medicinal qualities. Similar to chamomile, it is great for soothing irritated skin and treating wounds with a burning or itching sensation. This oil makes a great addition to tea or a diffuser to create the atmosphere for a night of peaceful sleep. It can even be applied directly to the skin to relieve menstrual cramps or relax pressure points.
This essential oil can benefit most people greatly both internally and externally, but this essential oil should never be used to cure, prevent or heal any diseases or ailments. It is safe to apply directly to the skin; but, if you are pregnant or nursing, you should consult your physician before using. Always dilute it with a liquid before ingesting.