Do you need to freshen your breath?
Do your muscles need to be relaxed and soothed?
Do you need to improve your kidney and urinary tract function?
Cinnamon essential oil is extracted by steam distillation from cinnamon bark, and it has been used for hundreds of years in cooking and in beverages as a means to improve the immune system and many organ functions. This essential oil can also internally cleanse the body. It can help kidney and urinary tract function, the immune system, the circulatory system and metabolic functions. It also helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels. The warmth of the oil can even relax cold and tired muscles during winter.
[highlight icon=”fa-info-circle” label=”Don’t miss out” color=”green” content=”%3Ch4%3E%3Ca%20href%3D%22https%3A%2F%2Fpurepathessentialoils.com%2Fessential-oils-guide%2F%22%3EClick%20here%20to%20see%20our%20Ultimate%20Guide%20to%20Using%20Essential%20Oils!%3C%2Fa%3E%3C%2Fh4%3E” /]
What is Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil?
[highlight icon=”fa-heartbeat” label=”Quick Facts” color=”pink” content=”%3Cul%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EScientific%20Name%3A%3C%2Fb%3E%C2%A0%3Ci%3ECinnamomum%20zeylanicum%3C%2Fi%3E%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EApplication%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Aromatic%2C%20Topical%2C%20Internal%2C%20Dilute%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EPlant%20Part%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Bark%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EExtraction%20Method%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Steam%20distillation%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EAromatic%20Description%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Warm%2C%20woody%2C%20earthy%2C%20spicy%2C%20slightly%20sweet%3C%2Fli%3E%3Cli%3E%3Cb%3EMain%20Chemical%20Components%3C%2Fb%3E%3A%20Main%20Chemical%20Components%3A%20Cinnameldehyde%2C%20Eugenol%3C%2Fli%3E%3C%2Ful%3E” /]
- Can boost the immune, metabolic, circulatory and digestive systems
- Can maintain a healthy blood sugar level
- Adds a spicy and sweet flavor in baking and cooking
- Can help relax muscles that are tight and sore
How to Use Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
This essential oil can be used in many different ways, both internally and externally. If used internally, it can boost the immune system, as well as regulate the healthy function of the urinary tract, kidneys, digestive system and circulatory system. It provides a sweet and spicy scent, when used in a diffuser. It can even be used with massage oils to relax and soothe sore muscles.
Directions for Use:
For aromatic use, add a few drops of the oil to a diffuser. It can also be combined with other essential oils. For topical use, always combine the essential oil with a carrier oil, then massage it into any sore muscle areas. If taking internally, dilute every drop of it with four ounces of water. This essential oil can also be added in one to two drops to a cup of tea.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Uses
- Aromatic: This essential oil can be used in a diffuser as a means to relax and unwind. This can be helpful for anxious moods or an overly-active mind. The oil is also a surprising insect repellent. Simply place a diffuser outside when you want to relax on a patio.
- Topical: This essential oil is a great asset for relaxing tired muscles. During cold months, when your muscles stiffen, combine it with a carrier oil, and massage it into any aching areas.
- Internal: There are many internal uses for the essential oil. Adding it to foods before eating can help maintain normal blood sugar levels, as well as improve the digestive and circulatory functions. Drinking it in tea will help boost a weak immune system. Gargling water with it before bed will also have this effect.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Health Benefits
- To boost immunity, gargle one drop of essential oil with four ounces of water every night before bed. You can also add one to two drops of the essential oil to a cup of tea before drinking.
- To relieve aching muscles during cold months, combine it with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil, and massage it into muscle areas that are sore, such as calves, thigh, arms, shoulders and back.
- Regularly drinking tea with it will also help kidney and urinary tract function.
- To soothe a sore throat, combine cinnamon bark oil with a tablespoon of honey in hot water or tea. Drink as is.
- This essential oil helps keep the circulatory system regulated. Regularly ingesting this essential oil will aid in maintaining a healthy blood sugar level.
- You can apply it topically to teeth, mouth and gums to help cleanse and prevent bacteria. It also cleanses the skin, when applied topically.
- Ingest the essential oil regularly to maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract and to improve digestion.
- This oil also makes a great surface cleaner. Dilute the essential oil into a spray bottle filled with water, and spray on tables and counters.
- You can even add it to a diffuser and place it outside to ward off pesky insects, like mosquitos.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Research
This essential oil is believed to provide a variety of health benefits, mostly internal. While, alone, it can add a deliciously sweet and spicy flavor to cooking, ingesting the essential oil is believed to possibly improve many internal bodily functions, as well as fend off certain cancers. A study published online in 2014 used multiple sources to identify the health powers of cinnamon bark, and it was learned that the essential oil has antibacterial qualities, which can resolve bad breath from the gums. Studies also found that it can improve colon health and potentially help reduce the risk of colon cancer. It can increase the blood flow in the uterus, but also happens to be great at stopping bleeding and regenerating tissue. A 90-day study on mice found that the essential oil has antioxidant properties, as well. None of these claim have been approved by the FDA, and studies are still ongoing to uncover the active ingredients. It should still not be used as a means to cure any of the ailments discussed here.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Nutrition
This essential oil can provide nutrition and health benefits in multiple areas of the body from the inside, out. It can be added to tea, hot water and other beverages, and it can be consumed to soothe a sore throat and boost the immune system. Gargling it with a liquid can coat the throat and kill bacteria in the mouth, which causes bad breath. When added to foods, ingesting the oil can regulate a healthy digestive and gastrointestinal system. It will also improve kidney function and the urinary tract. This essential oil can maintain a normal level of blood sugar, and it serves as an allover antioxidant for the body. Applied topically, it can loosen overworked muscles, and it can cleanse skin, teeth and gums.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Safety
This essential oil has powerful qualities, but it can also irritate skin and internal tissues. It should always be diluted in some way, no matter how it is being applied. Always dilute each drop of this essential oil with four ounces of water before consuming or using in baking and cooking. One to two drops of it can be added to tea and other beverages, as well. If applying topically, combine it with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil, before applying to the skin or mouth. Always avoid applying it to sensitive areas, and avoid use if you are pregnant or nursing.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Substitute
This essential oil has many qualities for aiding in health and cleansing, so it can be used as a substitute for a few items you would rather not purchase at a drug store. The next time your muscles are sore, instead of buying a heating pad or Icy-Hot medication, combine the oil with a carrier oil, and massage it into areas with pain. You can also use this as a substitute for Ibuprofen when experiencing muscle soreness. Instead of medicating yourself with cough drops, add the essential oil to hot tea or hot water, and gargle or drink it to soothe a sore throat. This will also help improve the immune system.
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil Blends Well With
This essential oil has many similar qualities as some other essential oils. For regulating the digestive tract, try combining the oil with ginger essential oil in a tea or other beverage. To soothe a sore throat, or simply to relax, you can combine it with chamomile and clove in a hot beverage. It would also taste great with a citrus oil for improving your immune system. If you want a relaxing and healing massage, combine it with cardamom essential oil to loosen tight muscles and create a warm feeling during colder weather. The healing properties of this oil can also be found in spearmint, so combining the two would be great for applying topically or internally.
[call2action label=”SHOP FOR THIS OIL” link=”https://purepathessentialoils.com/buy/cinnamon-oil/” color=”purple” rel=”follow” target=”self” /]
Cinnamon bark essential oil has been available for centuries, and has almost always been used in food and beverages for its health purposes and flavoring agents. You may apply it topically, to use its warming properties in relaxing tightened and aching muscles. Topical application is also good for antibacterial effects on the gums and teeth. Internal digestion of the essential oil improves a vast amount of organ function, including kidney, uterus and colon, as well as the circulatory system, the gastrointestinal system, the metabolic system and the immune system.
Cinnamon bark essential oil can help improve many bodily functions, as well as possibly aid in preventing some cancers, but it is not intended to cure, treat or prevent any diseases or ailments. Always consult with a physician or doctor before regularly using it as a means to improve health. If you are pregnant or nursing, do not use cinnamon bark oil. Studies are ongoing, and you should avoid applying it to any sensitive areas.