Essential Oils For Relaxation
Essential oils have been used for centuries to aid in relaxation, tame stress, and improve our overall happiness and vitality.
These tried-and-true oils can be even better than some modern medicines, and come with virtually no ill side-effects. Since more and more people are understanding the value of essential oils, these ancient remedies for stress and anxiety are becoming accessible just about everywhere.
We've highlighted a few superstar essential oils that will put you in a relaxed state and wash any stress away!
Essential Oils For Relaxation
Jasmine is not just a pretty scent. This essential oil has the power to soothe frayed nerves and tame stress. It is an ancient oil that has been used for centuries as a treatment for anxiety, sleep troubles, and even depression.
How Can I Use Jasmine Oil?
- Put Jasmine Oil in a diffuser and scent your entire space with this intoxicating aroma.
- Inhale Jasmine Oil directly for an immediate relaxation effect.
- Use one drop of Jasmine Oil and three drops of a carrier oil to create a scented bath oil.
- Mix one drop of Jasmine Oil with two drops of Almond Oil and rub into the skin.
Lemongrass Oil is known for its bright scent and invigorating qualities, but this heady oil also acts as a balm for the toughest anxiety.
When used properly, Lemongrass Oil can both sharpen the mind and soothe the senses so you are more relaxed, focused and productive.
How Can I Use Lemongrass Oil?
- Put Lemongrass Oil in a vaporizer and scent your whole space.
- Inhale Lemongrass Oil directly for an immediate effect.
- Mix two drops of Lemongrass Oil with a carrier oil and apply topically.
- Add one drop of Lemongrass Oil to a steaming pot of water and inhale the scent.
3. Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea Tree Oil is perhaps best known as a skin soother. Many toners and face creams contain this essential oil.
Many don’t know that this versatile oil can also work to tame stress and induce a state of calm! Tea Tree Oil is made from the leaves and bark of the tea tree plant and smells heavenly when applied.
How Can I Use Tea Tree Oil?
- Make a soothing oil combination with ten drops of Tea Tree Oil, six drops of Eucalyptus Oil, four drops of Lavender Oil and five tablespoons of water.
- Inhale Tea Tree Oil directly for an immediate effect.
- Mix fourteen drops of Tea Tree Oil with six ounces of your favorite lotion for a delicious skin cream.
4. Rose Essential Oil
Rose Oil is another oil that is known for its ability to make skin look radiant, but it’s also great for helping with depression, easing anxiety and inducing relaxation. It also has a spectacular fragrance that most people are instantly drawn to!
How Can I Use Rose Oil?
- Inhale Rose Oil directly from the bottle.
- Rub two drops of Rose Oil in your hands an inhale deeply.
- Put one or two drops of Rose Oil on your wrists or forehead.
- Mix six drops of Rose Oil with four ounces of your favorite lotion for a fabulous skin cream.
Lavender Oil is the most popular one on this list. It’s been used since ancient times to relieve stress, create a sense of calm, and promote relaxation. The unique scent of lavender is immediately recognizable.
Lavender Oil can be used in small doses in different types of foods and is most commonly paired with lemon or vanilla. It is such a popular oil that many boutiques sell soaps, candles, body scrubs and sachets infused with Lavender Oil.
How Can I Use Lavender Oil?
- Rub three drops of Lavender Oil between your palms and inhale deeply.
- Put one or two drops of Lavender Oil on your temples.
- Mix four drops of lavender oil with a carrier oil for a soothing bath treatment.
Ylang Ylang Oil is equal parts uplifting and relaxing. It’s able to infuse people with a sense of excitement and wonder, while still keeping them calm and chilled out. Ylang Ylang Oil is a great sleep aid and helps with mental focus and clarity, as well as reduced anxiety.
How Can I Use Ylang Ylang Oil?
- Put Ylang Ylang Oil directly on the wrists.
- Add five drops of Ylang Ylang Oil to a warm bath.
- Mix three drops of Ylang Ylang Oil with a carrier oil, and use for a massage.
Vetiver Oil has been used since ancient times to promote mental clarity and release stress. This oil can quell nerves and promote a state of active relaxation, so you are mentally focused but calm enough to perform tasks with ease.
It is one of the least known oils on this list, but its popularity is on the rise. More and more people are taking note of Vetiver Oil.
How Can I Use Vetiver Oil?
- Put two drops of Vetiver Oil on your wrists for an all-day calming effect.
- Mix five drops of Vetiver Oil with five drops of Jojoba Oil and use for a massage.
Cedarwood Oil has been used for centuries and is most notable for its recognizable fragrance and ability to tame tension and promote relaxation. It’s also a powerful sleep aid and can be an effective tool against insomnia and sleep disorders.
How Can I Use Cedarwood Oil?
- Add five drops of Cedarwood Oil to a warm bath.
- Use eight drops of Cedarwood Oil and four drops of a carrier oil to make a massage balm.
Eucalyptus Oil is one of the most recognizable scents in the world. It’s been incorporated into body lotions, candles and sachets. It is most commonly paired with Spearmint Oil, and the combination is truly fantastic.
Eucalyptus Oil also has compelling relaxation powers. This oil can help stop your mind from racing and promotes a sense of peace and purpose.
How Can I Use Eucalyptus Oil?
- Rub two to three drops of Eucalyptus Oil between your palms and inhale deeply.
- Add seven drops of Eucalyptus Oil to a warm bath.
- Put Eucalyptus Oil into a diffuser to scent your whole space.
Frankincense Oil is often used in meditation, and it’s easy to see why. This oil has the power to calm down the mind and promote a deep sense of relaxation and calm. It also has an intriguing and intoxicating scent!
How Can I Use Frankincense Oil?
- Put Frankincense Oil into a diffuser to scent your whole room.
- Mix four drops of Frankincense Oil with a carrier oil for an aromatic massage oil combination.
- Rub two or three drops of Frankincense Oil directly on your wrists for an all-day soothing scent.
Bergamot Oil has a floral scent that is not too overpowering. It has been used for centuries to combat depression and anxiety. Bergamot Oil is also one of the primary components of Earl Grey tea! In oil form, Bergamot Oil is potent, sweetly scented, and absolutely will improve your mental well-being!
How Can I Use Bergamot Oil?
- Put five to six drops of Bergamot Oil into a diffuser for a scent that fills the room.
- Rub two to three drops of Bergamot Oil between your palms and deeply inhale.
- Mix four drops of Bergamot Oil with four ounces of your favorite lotion for a fabulous skin cream.
Sandalwood Oil helps with mental clarity and reducing stress. It tames anxiety so you can focus with precision on the task at hand. It also has a spectacular aroma!
How Can I Use Sandalwood Oil?
- Put four drops of Sandalwood Oil on your wrists for a benefit that lasts all day long.
- Directly inhale Sandalwood Oil from the bottle.
There are so many natural ways to relax. Why not try out some of the essential oils that we have outlined here?
Download your FREE Essential Oils Quick Reference Guide
Get instant access to your Essential Oils Quick Reference Guide.