You’re looking for a way to ease the pain of Lyme Disease, and essential oils can make an excellent adjunct to conventional treatments. Here’s what you need to know about Lyme Disease and essential oils:
Lyme Disease Is A Bacterial Infection
Lyme Disease is caused by a type of bacteria called spirochaetes. (1)
These microbes are exceptionally small, and this means that they can permeate areas of the body that make the infection challenging to treat.
Essential oils can increase the amount of anti-microbial compounds in your system, and it could potentially reduce recovery time. However, it's important to ask your doctor before taking any essential oils, and always take the antibiotics that your doctor prescribed.
What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are compounds that are contained within plants, and these oils often consist primarily of the pharmacologically active components of a plant.
There are hundreds of essential oils that you can choose from, and they are very widely used in alternative medicine.
How Can Essential Oils Help With The Symptoms Of Lyme Disease?
Essential oils contain compounds that emit aromas that can be highly soothing, and this may reduce the psychological effects of the disease. Furthermore, some essential oils have antimicrobial properties. Here’s what you need to know about them:
They Can Improve Your Mood
Being in a better mood can make it easier for you to recover from illnesses, and it can greatly improve your overall quality of life.
Not only is suffering from a chronic illness depressing, but Lyme Disease can have neuropsychiatric effects that make individuals more prone to depression and other mental health struggles.
Essential Oils Can Improve Your Overall Health
The benefits of essential oils can go much further than reducing the symptoms of Lyme Disease, and many people take essential oils every day to benefit their overall health.
What Are Some Of The Best Essential Oils For Lyme Disease?
While there are many essential oils that can have benefits for people who are suffering from Lyme Disease, these are some of the best ones that you should consider:
Thyme Essential Oil Has Powerful Properties That Can Fight Disease!
Thyme essential oil contains a variety of compounds that can have an antimicrobial effect in the body, and this can lead to a reduction in the number of Lyme bacteria that is in one’s system. Here’s what you need to know about this highly powerful essential oil:
Oregano contains a variety of compounds that are well known for their antimicrobial properties, and it also can boost your overall immune health. Here’s what you need to know about this powerful oil: (2)
- Oregano’s antimicrobial properties have been known for quite some time, and the antimicrobial compounds in the herb don’t have the potential to cause antibiotic resistance.
- It’s generally best to use wild oregano essential oil, and this form of oregano has stronger medicinal properties.
- Oregano essential oil is recommended by many naturopaths and homeopathic medicine experts to treat a variety of conditions, and it is strongly believed to have benefits for a variety of conditions that are caused by microbes.
Marjoram is also well-known for having antibiotic properties, and this can be effective against Lyme bacteria.
Here’s what you need to know about this potentially highly effective essential oil:
- Marjoram essential oil has a very strong safety record, and it is quite widely used in alternative medicine. Furthermore, it is commonly used as a cooking spice.
- Marjoram essential oil can be included in a variety of dishes, and this can make it easy to ensure that you get an adequate dose of it.
There are multiple properties of frankincense essential oil that can make it beneficial for people who suffer from Lyme Disease. Here are the most important things that you should know about it:
- The essential oil can reduce inflammation, and this can reduce pain and stiffness in joints that are common among people who suffer from Lyme Disease.
- It also has pain relieving properties, and this can be quite beneficial for Lyme Disease sufferers.
- The oil has a very pleasant scent, and this makes it much more appealing to many patients.
- The oil has a strong safety record, and its effects are well documented.
Cinnamon essential oil has antimicrobial properties, and this can make it effective against pathogenic illnesses like Lyme Disease. Here’s what you need to know about this powerful essential oil:(3)
- Cinnamon essential oil has a very pleasant scent, and it can easily be mixed with other essential oils.
- In addition to being beneficial for people who suffer from Lyme Disease, cinnamon essential oil has a wide range of other health benefits.
- Cinnamon essential oil is also thought to have antibacterial properties, and these properties can make it beneficial for people who suffer from Lyme Disease.
- There are a variety of active compounds in cinnamon essential oil, and the effects of them are quite well documented.
- The oil has an exceptionally strong safety record since it is consumed frequently as a spice.
Lemon Grass essential oil can be effective at reducing the multiplication of microbes, and this can help to fight Lyme Disease. In addition, the oil has pain relieving properties, and this can make it beneficial for individuals who are suffering from the aches and pains that are associated with Lyme Disease. Here’s what you need to know about it:
- Lemon grass essential oil is a common ingredient in supplements that are designed to prevent and protect against colds and the flu.
- Lemon grass essential oil is not related to lemons, and it comes from a different plant. Lemons grow on citrus trees, but lemon grass is a grassy plant.
Rosemary essential oil can have effects on the body that have similarities to aspirin. This means that it is potentially effective for individuals who are suffering from joint and/or muscle pain as a result of Lyme Disease. Here’s what you need to know about this powerful oil:
- Rosemary essential oil contains compounds that are similar to salicylic acid, and this is similar to the compounds that are contained in aspirin.
- Rosemary essential oil can be used as an aromatherapy product, and it has an extremely pleasant scent.
- Rosemary essential oil can be included in a variety of dishes, and this makes it much easier to use it.
- Rosemary essential oil has an exceptionally strong safety record since it’s a significant component of the common herb.
Eucalyptus oil can have profound healing properties. Here’s what you need to know about it:
- Eucalyptus oil has a very pleasant odor, and there are a variety of ways that it can be used.
- It has effects that boost the immune system, and this can make it easier for your body to fight off infection with Lyme Disease.
- Eucalyptus oil is commonly used by spas, and it has an extensive safety record when it comes to topical use.
Wild Orange oil can be applied topically to reduce some of the symptoms of Lyme Disease. Here’s what you need to know about this potentially effective essential oil:
- It’s best to use wild orange oil at night, and that’s because it can cause photosensitivity for around 12 hours after it is used. However, this is true of any other citrus essential oil as well.
- This oil can be quite beneficial when it is applied to the skin, but it’s important not to use it excessively due to the potential for skin hypersensitivity.
- While wild orange oil has many similarities to other citrus oils, there are some differences between this essential oil and the oil of regular oranges.
How Do You Use Essential Oils?
Some essential oils cannot be taken internally, and thus, they can only be applied topically or used as an aromatherapy product.
It’s important to be aware if an essential oil can be taken internally prior to doing so since some essential oils can have toxic effects if they’re taken internally.
Luckily, there are many websites where you can do research on essential oils.
How Do You Choose The Right Essential Oil(s)?
Here are some things that you should consider when you’re determining what essential oil(s) to pick:
- Make a list of the symptoms that you’re experiencing as a result of your Lyme Disease, and choose essential oils that have effects on the most bothersome symptoms of the condition that you’re experiencing.
- Ensure that you choose a high-quality essential oil, and this is especially important if you’ll be taking the essential oil internally. Choose products that are made by manufacturers that have been reviewed well, and thoroughly check for negative experiences with the product when you’re reading reviews.
- Make sure that you compare prices between different manufacturers, and also compare prices between different vendors.
- Check to see what the advertised purity of the oil is, and try to find an essential oil that is advertised as 100 percent pure.
How Do You Consume Essential Oils?
Always make sure that you read the recommended dosage of the essential oil that you pick. Some essential oils can have negative effects if they are consumed in amounts that are greater than the recommended dosage. Here are some other tips for using essential oils safely and effectively:
- If you’re going to be taking essential oils internally, determine whether or not they can be mixed with foods or beverages.
- If you’re using essential oils for aromatherapy, consider getting a diffuser. This will allow you to spread the aroma throughout your space as quickly as possible.
- If you’re using essential oils for aromatherapy, make sure that you put the right amount of the oil in the diffuser. This will ensure that the scent is strong enough to be pleasant without being overwhelming.
- If you will be using essential oils in cooking, make sure that the oil will go well with the dish. In addition, make sure that if you will be cooking with the oil, the active components will not be destroyed by heat.
Download your FREE Essential Oils Quick Reference Guide
Get instant access to your Essential Oils Quick Reference Guide.