Enzymes are specialized proteins that function as catalysts in almost all cellular functions and chemical reactions throughout the body. Enzymes play a critical role in growth, healing, and reproduction. They are also necessary for breathing, thinking, immune function, hormone regulation, detoxification, and thousands of other biochemical functions. Enzymes are also necessary for digesting food nutrients and converting nutrients to energy in cells.*
Enzymes can originate inside and outside the body. Endogenous enzymes are produced in the body and can be classified as metabolic enzymes and digestive enzymes. Metabolic enzymes are active in blood, tissues, and organs. Digestive enzymes are excreted by the liver and pancreas and help the body convert food to usable nutrients. Exogenous enzymes are enzymes originating outside the body and are classified as food enzymes. Food enzymes are found in raw, unprocessed foods and help break down nutrients during digestion.*
The body’s ability to constantly produce metabolic and digestive enzymes is limited by raw material availability and production capacity. If our diets do not include sufficient food enzymes to break down the food we eat, our body’s endogenous enzyme resources must be directed toward the production of digestive enzymes to speed conversion of food to bioavailable nutrients. Production capacity directed toward the production of digestive enzymes is capacity not available for the production of important metabolic enzymes.
The body’s constant need to produce digestive enzymes can result in decreased levels of metabolic enzymes that are critical for optimal health and cell function. One example of an important metabolic enzyme is superoxide dismutase (SOD), which protects cells from free-radical molecules. Metabolic enzymes are also necessary for energy production, tissue growth and repair, and managing toxic waste products. When we eat foods that are rich in food enzymes, our bodies can use fewer resources to produce digestive enzymes and have more capacity to create optimal levels of metabolic enzymes.*
Directions for Use
Take one to three vegetable capsules with meals throughout the day. If your meal includes lots of fresh, raw foods, take one capsule. If your meal includes highly processed, cooked foods or food products known to cause specific GI discomfort, take two to three capsules with meal.
Some people may experience an initial change to digestive schedule and function when they begin using enzyme supplements. For most people, these symptoms are mild and should disappear after a few days. Pregnant or nursing women and people with known medical conditions should consult a physician before using. Does not contain milk products or ingredients made from animal products.
As specialized proteins that act as catalysts for cellular function, enzymes play a critical role in growth, healing, reproduction, breathing, thinking, immune function, hormone regulation, detoxification, and thousands of other biochemical functions. Enzymes also assist in the digestive process and in converting food into energy in cells—making exogenous enzymes (which must be consumed as the body is unable to produce them) one of the most important components of our diets. Fresh, raw foods naturally contain sufficient enzymes for proper digestion in the body. However, when food is cooked and processed, these naturally occurring food enzymes can be destroyed, this is where DigestZenTerraZyme comes in.
A balanced diet consisting of whole, unprocessed foods should be adequate to meet our food enzyme needs, but that is not always practical. Using a whole-food supplement of food enzymes is a convenient way to guarantee that we have the enzymes necessary for proper digestion and utilization of the nutrients we consume.*
DigestZen TerraZyme is a proprietary blend of 10 active whole-food enzymes that are often deficient in cooked, processed, and preservative-laden foods. DigestZen TerraZyme includes a variety of whole-food enzymes that help with digestion of proteins, fats, complex carbohydrates, sugars, fiber, and other food nutrients.* It also supports optimal health by promoting more efficient digestion of food nutrients and by reducing the demand for internal production of digestive nutrients, thus freeing resources for optimal levels of metabolic enzyme production and activity.*
DigestZen TerraZyme can also be used as targeted support for specific food intolerances of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, such as lactose.*
What Makes DigestZen TerraZyme Unique?
DigestZen TerraZyme Uses and Benefits
- DigestZen TerraZyme delivers a balanced and comprehensive blend of digestive enzymes to support normal digestive processes.* It offers a proprietary blend of 10 active whole-food enzymes that are often deficient in cooked, processed, and preservative-heavy foods. These enzymes not only bolster natural production, but can provide targeted support for especially difficult-to-digest foods.*
- Take DigestZen TerraZyme daily to support and enhance your body’s natural digestive processes.* Used as a daily supplement, DigestZen TerraZyme can help support your body’s natural processes so it gets the most out of what you eat, without the associated discomfort.*
- DigestZen TerraZyme will help you enjoy the benefits of a healthy diet by helping to ensure that your body gets the nutrients it needs.* The 10 active whole-food enzymes help break down difficult to process macro- and micronutrients, so that it has the nutrition for lifelong health and vitality.*
- Another interesting characteristic of DigestZen TerraZyme is that it supports conversion of food nutrients to cellular energy.* DigestZen TerraZyme assists the breakdown of usually hard to process macronutrients, a natural and sustainable mechanism toward the energy you need for a busy life.*
- Are you constantly experiencing stomach discomfort? Frequent digestive discomfort can turn the mere act of eating a meal or going about your daily tasks into a total pain. DigestZen TerraZyme promotes gastrointestinal comfort and food tolerance to help you go about your normal day rather than dealing with stomach issues.* Take a DigestZen TerraZyme cap before a meal that includes foods that normally give you digestive discomfort to experience the benefits of feeling comfortable in your own body.*
- This dietary supplement also supports healthy production of metabolic enzymes.* Not only does DigestZen TerraZyme offer a source of exogenous enzymes, but it also supports the natural production of endogenous enzymes, naturally speeding conversion of food to bioavailable nutrients.*
- Take DigestZen TerraZyme with you while travelling and trying new restaurants to make sure stomach upset doesn’t slow you down.* Keep a bottle of DigestZen TerraZyme in your purse for those times when you may need some immediate relief from stomach upset.*
- For those with food intolerances, it can be tough to find a supplement that will coincide with special dietary needs. DigestZen TerraZyme uses sodium lauryl sulfate–free HPMC vegetable capsules for those seeking a vegetarian-friendly supplement. It is also gluten- and GMO-free, and contains no animal-derived ingredients.
- Among many helpful ingredients, DigestZen TerraZyme contains the doTERRA tummy tamer blend of Peppermint, Ginger, and Caraway Seed. The proprietary tummy tamer blend adds to the stomach-soothing benefits of DigestZen Terrazyme.*
- Like many doTERRA supplements, DigestZen TerraZyme can be used with other supplements to allow its benefits to reach even further. DigestZen TerraZyme can easily be used in conjunction with other DigestZen products. While effective when used alone daily or for individual events of digestive discomfort, DigestZen TerraZyme is also effective when combined with DigestZen® essential oil blend, DigestZen® Softgels, or DigestTab® for stomach-soothing relief and to support the natural digestive processes.*