Patchouli oil can be recognized by its pungent, musky, sweet scent. This essential oil’s aroma stimulates the production of serotonin and dopamine, both known as “happiness hormones” because of their ability to boost the mood, promote a state of relaxation, and dispel feelings of tension and sadness. It can be applied topically, either directly or mixed with a facial cleanser or moisturizer, to reduce the appearance of acne and blemishes and to rejuvenate the complexion. It can also be applied to reduce the appearance of scars, wrinkles, and skin spots. Some users may not know that patchouli oil can be mixed with water to create a natural insect repellant spray. This versatile essential oil can also boost the body’s ability to filter out toxins from the body by promoting healthy perspiration and diuretic functions.
- Add 1-2 drops of patchouli oil to a facial cleanser or moisturizer to promote a healthy complexion.
- Apply to an open wound to promote fast healing and reduce the risk of infection.
- Diffuse to promote a well-balanced emotional state and drive out feelings of sadness and anxiety.
Directions for Use
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in four ounces of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area.
- Can boost mood and drive out feelings of sadness*
- Promotes a youthful complexion
- Can reduce the risk of infection and inflammation of wounds
- Sweet, musky, herbaceous
- Steam Distillation
Patchouli alcohol, alpha-bulsenene, alpha-guaiene
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The aroma of patchouli essential oil can be overpowering, and users should note that it will linger for long periods of time. This oil is safe to apply topically, however users with sensitive skin may prefer to dilute with a carrier oil to minimize the risk of irritation. The use of essential oils should not be substituted for any prescribed medication for any medical condition.