doTERRA Deep Blue Rub is a rich, topical cream infused with the Deep Blue Soothing Blend of CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils. Formulated with a proprietary blend of natural plant extracts and other powerful ingredients, Deep Blue Rub provides a comforting sensation of cooling and warmth to problem areas. Made with doTERRA’s top-selling Deep Blue essential oil blend of Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Ylang Ylang, Helichrysum, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, and Osmanthus, Deep Blue Rub is an essential addition to your bathroom cabinet and gym bag. Deep Blue Rub is blended in a base of moisturizing emollients that leave your skin feeling soft and not greasy. It is the choice of massage therapists and sports practitioners who currently use doTERRA’s Deep Blue proprietary blend in their practice.
Directions for Use
Massage lotion into affected areas. For a more intensive treatment, apply Deep Blue Soothing Blend on the skin prior to lotion application.
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use on wounds or damaged skin. Do not bandage tightly after application or use with a heating pad. Keep out of reach of children to avoid accidental ingestion. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
One of the top-selling doTERRA products, Deep Blue Rub is a thick topical lotion that uses cooling and soothing essential oils like Peppermint, Wintergreen, Ylang Ylang, Helichrysum, and of course doTERRA’s proprietary Deep Blue Soothing Blend to offer the body cooling relief and the skin lasting moisture. Deep Blue Rub was designed to help soothe tired muscles and joints, and uses essential oils with cooling and warming properties to help naturally comfort problem areas. In addition to CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils, Deep Blue Rub also contains plant extracts and moisturizing emollients that are good for the skin—leaving skin nourished, soothed, and non-greasy after each use.
Deep Blue Rub Uses and Benefits
- Because of the soothing properties it holds, Deep Blue Rub is a popular choice for massage therapists and sports practitioners. Professionals love using Deep Blue Rub to help ease discomfort, particularly because it holds safe, natural essential oils that provide an alternation of cooling and warming sensations. Just as massage therapists and sports medicine professionals use Deep Blue Rub for a soothing massage, you too can use the essential oil lotion to give yourself a calming, comforting massage at home. Good enough to use on a professional level, you’ll soon find that Deep Blue Rub is the perfect companion for affected areas.
- Whether you work out a few times a week or practically live at the gym, Deep Blue Rub is definitely a product you want to keep in your gym bag. The soothing elements of this cooling lotion are just what you need post workout. Heavy lifting, intense running, or arduous workouts can leave the body with some discomfort in the hours and even days after exercise. But with Deep Blue Rub on hand, you can soothe any trouble spots while simultaneously moisturizing the skin.
- While we often associate sore muscles and joints with exercise and recreational sports, it is also possible to feel tightness and discomfort in the body after sitting for too long. Many of us spend our days at a desk, sitting behind a computer screen, without moving for long periods of time. Sitting, typing, and hunching over a computer for hours can leave us feeling stiff and uncomfortable at the end of a long day. If you’ve spent long hours at your desk, you can massage Deep Blue Rub into the fingers, arms, hands, neck, and shoulders for cooling, relaxing relief. Not only will the tingling sensation of the lotion awaken your senses and rejuvenate your extremities, but the combination of CPTG essential oils will soothe any affected areas.
- As mentioned, Deep Blue Rub can be helpful after a workout at the gym or at home; however, all serious athletes should also consider keeping a bottle on hand. Whether you play collegiate or professional sports, or you like to stay active by playing on a community softball team with friends, Deep Blue Rub is a smart choice for post-practice and post-game. Parents can keep Deep Blue Rub on hand for high school athletes who experience discomfort from back-to-back practices, games, and workouts throughout the season.
- While Deep Blue Rub is convenient for those who participate in recreational sports or exercise, our bodies often need to recover after a long day of manual labor. Deep Blue Rub can be helpful after hours of working in the garden, heavy lifting on moving day, or completing home improvement projects like putting up a fence or landscaping. By the end of the day your body will need some rest and relief, so consider applying Deep Blue Rub on the lower back, shoulders, neck, or anywhere you might be feeling discomfort.
- When assembling an at-home first aid kit, be sure to include a bottle of Deep Blue Rub for situations where you may need fast relief. Deep Blue Rub comes in a 4 oz. lotion bottle or a liter size. If you keep a first aid kit in your car, at the cabin, or in a travel bag, Deep Blue Rub is a great addition to help bring relief when you need it in a hurry.
- Whether you spend a lot of time writing, typing on the computer, playing an instrument, needlepointing or knitting, or doing anything that is tough on the hands, Deep Blue Rub provides the perfect way to comfort strained, sore, or tired hands. Not only will the cooling and warming sensation of Deep Blue Rub provide comfort, but the natural emollients of the lotion will leave your hands feeling soft—not greasy like other topical creams do. When your hands are in need of relaxation and repair, massage a dollop of Deep Blue Rub into the palms, wrists, knuckles, and joints.
- Wintergreen: With chemical components that provide renewing properties, Wintergreen oil is often used to provide a warming, soothing massage after physical activity. Along with it restorative properties, Wintergreen also has an uplifting, fresh aroma that can stimulate the senses.
- Peppermint: Peppermint oil is known for its energizing properties, and gives Deep Blue Rub a minty, invigorating scent. Commonly used to promote alertness and stimulation, Peppermint essential oil lends itself to the cooling, refreshing nature of Deep Blue Rub.
- Eucalyptus: Like Wintergreen, the chemical makeup of Eucalyptus oil makes it a renewing essential oil. Along with its renewing properties, Eucalyptus is also known to promote feelings of relaxation, which make it an important ingredient in Deep Blue Rub.
- Helichrysum: With countless benefits for the skin, Helichrysum is a helpful oil to include in any blend to help promote moisturized, soft skin. In addition to its benefits for skin, Helichrysum oil holds renewing properties that provide a soothing sensation upon application.
- Ylang Ylang: As mentioned, the Deep Blue Rub formula is designed to moisturize skin without leaving it greasy or oily. Ylang Ylang oil has long been used to improve the appearance of skin, and offers soft, gentle properties for the skin in the Deep Blue Rub blend.