The cypress tree is beautiful to behold and the essential oil derived from its branches has many varied uses. Poor soil and erratic weather patterns do not overwhelm these trees. They are hearty survivors who sink long roots to thrive in unforgiving environments. Diffuse this oil to assist in purifying your emotions. This can work especially well after times that have been stressful or when your life is full of transitions. It encourages blood flow and targeted application can provide you with a boost of energy. It also has beneficial properties for skin that is prone to oiliness and can improve the appearance of your skin. Massage therapists often uses this oil for its fresh and invigorating aroma.
- Use for a soothing massage. Invite a friend over and give each other neck massages.
- Diffuse at times of transition or loss. It can also assist in stabilizing emotions and promote clear breathing.
- Use in a toner to combat oily skin.
- Before running apply to your legs and feet.The energizing properties are great for helping maximize exercise.
Directions for Use
- Aromatic Use: Place a few drops in a diffuser to decrease anxiety and minimize stress.
- Topical Use: Apply directly to the legs or chest to increase vitality. Use on the face, to combat oiliness and help keep skin fresh.
- Internal Use: Not recommended for internal use.
- Has a refreshing and invigorating aroma that equalizes emotions.
- Can convey a boost of energy.
- Has cleansing properties, including on the skin.
- Fresh, Distinctive, Woody
- Steam distillation
- α-pinene, 3-carene, limonene
Cypress essential oil is safe to use both topically and aromatically. Do not use it internally. If you suspect you may have sensitive skin it is safer to dilute first and try on a small area. It is important to keep out of the reach of children. If you are pregnant or nursing you should always consult your doctor.