Basil is most commonly known as a popular herb used in countless dishes around the world, combining the benefits of both its distinctive, delicious flavor and its many powerful health benefits. As a strong source of antioxidants, consumption of basil essential oil helps to build a strong baseline for overall immune system health, reducing the risk of illness and infection. It also helps to regular digestive functions and reduce discomfort associated with bloating and gas. Another less commonly known benefit is that it promotes healthy blood circulation. In addition to being great for the body in general, this property can be leveraged to loosen up tight, sore muscles by massaging directly onto the affected areas. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg!
- Take one or two drops in a veggie capsule to promote healthy digestive function*
- Massage directly into muscles to reduce soreness
- Use as a dietary supplement to boost the immune system*
Directions for Use
- Aromatic: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Topical: Apply one to two drops to desired area; dilute with a carrier oil minimize the risk of irritation.
- Internal: Dilute one drop in about half a glass of liquid, or take several drops in a veggie capsule.
- Can improve digestive processes and reduce the risk of indigestion*
- Promotes healthy, efficient blood circulation
- Boosts immune system to fight illness and infection*
- Herbal, warm
- Steam distillation
- Eucalyptol, Linalool, Methylchavicol, Methylcinnamate, Citral
Basil oil is safe to ingest and to apply without dilution. However users with digestive or skin sensitivity may wish to dilute prior to use in order to minimize the risk of irritation. Please note that essential oils should never be used in place of prescribed medications.