If your child consumes a diet that is rich in vegetables, fruits, whole grains, dairy products, and lean protein, they are most likely acquiring all of the vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients that the body needs to develop and grow. Unfortunately, in 2018 it can be quite a challenge to ensure that your child gets the nutrients needed for their daily food intake.
Because of the abundance of processed foods available in the grocery store and at inexpensive, fast food restaurants, children are often lacking nutrients that the body needs to thrive. As a result, many parents are including the best multivitamin for kids in their daily routine. Choosing the best multivitamin for kids can be a challenge, however as the market is oversaturated with options.
This guide can serve as a resource that will help you identify the pros and cons of each product and will help you choose a good multivitamin for kids. While using this guide as a resource, it is essential to keep the following tips in mind.
1. Just like kids are all different, the best multivitamin for kids will vary in flavor, texture, and ingredients. It is always a good idea to choose a vitamin based on your child’s nutrients deficiency. For example, if your child lacks calcium in their diet, supplementing with a calcium-rich multivitamin can help to make up for dietary deficiencies.
2. Some parents may believe in providing their children with only organic foods and beverages. Because of such values, it makes sense that the best organic multivitamin for kids should also be included in the daily dietary intake routine.
3. For kids who have a picky appetite, getting them to take their vitamins can be an uphill battle. Many parents struggle to get their child to take vitamins or medication and thus have to resort to using a liquid multivitamin for kids.
A liquid multivitamin is easy to administer as it can be added to juice, yogurt, and other beverages. If you are not successful with a liquid version, many parents find success in multivitamin gummies for kids. They often taste like candy and are easy for kids to
4. It is in your best interest to consult with your child’s pediatrician to choose the best natural multivitamin for kids. Together, you can determine the best option for your child’s dietary goals and nutritional needs. You will also benefit from getting a pediatrician’s recommendation on product and dose amount.
Now that you have some baseline tips that will assist you in choosing the best multivitamin for your kids, this guide will highlight some of the most popular and effective products on the market in 2018.
Best Multivitamin for KidsTable setup not completed. Table setup not completed.
Smarty Pants Kids Complete Multivitamin
Smarty Pants Kids Complete Multivitamin is made with organic sugar cane that helps deter the gummy consistency of the vitamin from sticking to your child’s teeth. This vitamin includes a generous portion of the omega-3 fish oil that is made from sustainable stocks of wild caught fish.
In addition to omega-3’s, this vitamin includes over 13 essential nutrients, DHA, and EPA fatty acids that are beneficial to kids of all ages.
Finally, it is important to note that this vitamin can cause stomach discomfort when not consumed with a meal.
Pros and Cons
- Organic sugar cane keeps gummies from sticking to teeth
- Omega-3 fish oil from sustainable stocks of wild caught fish
- Includes 13 essential nutrients including vitamin D3
- Offers DHA and EPA fatty acids
- International shipping eligibility is unavailable
- Can cause stomach aches
MegaFood Kid’s One a Day Multivitamin Dietary Supplement
The MegaFood brand is well known for producing highly effective adult multivitamins and have recently launched a multivitamin with iron for kids. This vitamin is unique in that it is made from a blend of farm fresh fruits and antioxidants. Many parents find this multivitamin to be a great option as it does not cause stomach discomfort.
With over 24 essential nutrients that help support the mental and physical development of kids over the age of 5, MegaFood Kids One a Day Multivitamin is easy to use as it only requires your child to consume one pill per day. It is important to note that it may take some time for your child to get used to swallowing a multivitamin capsule. In this instance, patience is key.
Pros and Cons
- Includes a farm fresh blend of fruits that provide antioxidants
- Provides 24 essential nutrients to support the development of kids ages 5 and over
- Can be taken on an empty stomach
- Made from produce from sustainable farms
- Kids may have a hard time swallowing the capsules
- Unclear as to whether or not it is safe for kids with nut allergies
Flintstones Gummy Vitamins
You have probably heard of the jingle, “10,000 strong…and growing!” This jingle is well known around the world by parents and kids alike as being the song that helped Flinstone vitamins catapult to popularity amongst many households in America.
In 2018, this vitamin is the #1 recommended vitamin by pediatricians. While this vitamin is made in Germany, it is easy to consume and tastes excellent. Many kids love the crunchy, fruity flavor of this vitamin and look forward to taking one a day.
It is not very common, but some parents share that their children can experience acid reflux from using this vitamin.
Pros and Cons
- #1 vitamin recommended by pediatricians
- Infused with vitamin D
- Easy to consume and tastes great
- Made in Germany
- May cause acid reflux
- The gummies can melt in warm temperatures
- Contains wheat and tree nuts
Tropical Oasis Liquid Multivitamin and Superfood for Children
Tropical Oasis Liquid Multivitamin and Superfood is unique in that liquid vitamins are 96% absorbed by the body whereas pill vitamins are easily flushed out of the body by water.
Great vitamin for children, the Tropical Oasis brand offers 100% of the daily intake requirement of 14 vitamins while remaining gluten-and lactose-free for those with a sensitive digestive tract. Another great perk of using a liquid vitamin is that it is easy to administer although your child may not enjoy the taste.
Pros and Cons
- Liquid vitamins are 96% absorbed by the body
- Gluten and lactose-free
- Includes 100% of daily intake of 14 vitamins
- Easy to administer dietary support
- Currently not eligible for international shipping
- Kids may not enjoy the taste
One a Day Kids Trolls Multivitamin Gummies
One a Day is a great vitamin company that adults have been using for years. Due to their success in the vitamin and supplement industry, they have branched out and now offer products for children. A trusted brand and a household name make this multivitamin a popular option for busy parents.
This multivitamin is formulated to support bone, eye, and immunity health while remaining free of harmful high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors. The vitamins include a healthy dose of vitamin A, B6, B12, C, D, E, biotin, folic acid, and zinc. Parents love that this vitamin is full of essential nutrients while kids love the gummy texture and the candy-like taste.
Pros and Cons
- Formulated to support bone, eye, and immunity health
- Includes vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E, biotin, folic acid, and zinc
- Safe for children two years and above
- Free of high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavors
- This item is not eligible for international shipping
- Gummy vitamins may melt in hot weather
The Honest Company Gummy Multivitamin
The Honest Company was made famous by Jessica Alba promoting their diapers and bath products on social media in the mid-2000’s. The Honest Company is well known for creating all natural baby products that parents have grown to love even if they do cost a bit more than other brands. After years of popularity, the Honest Company has branched out to create vitamins.
The Honest Company multivitamin for kids is made in a gummy form without the use of gelatin. This vitamin is certified gluten-free and is also vegetarian-friendly and is excellent for child growth and development. Finally, if you live a lifestyle in which you and your family only consume organic foods, this vitamin will fit the bill as it is made with 86% organic ingredients.
Pros and Cons
- Always made with 86% organic ingredients certified by the USDA
- Optimal for childhood growth and development
- Made without the use of gelatin
- Certified gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly
- Not available to be shipped internationally
- Gummies can stick to teeth
Rainbow Light Chewable Multivitamin
The Rainbow Light Chewable Multivitamin is gentle on the stomach, easy to digest, and even easier to consume. Because this vitamin is chewable, children have an easy time eating it as it tastes like candy. Many children who are picky eaters find this multivitamin to be enjoyable to consume.
This multivitamin is a favorite amongst parents as it is food-based and free of allergen ingredients such as shellfish, yeast, nuts, dairy, and eggs. If your child is sensitive to experiencing an allergic reaction to new products, this vitamin may not be the best one for you to try.
Pros and Cons
- Gentle on the stomach and easy to digest
- Great for picky eaters as it is tasty
- Contains nutrients to help with brain and immunity health
- Food-based and free of shellfish, eggs, dairy, yeast, and nuts
- Not eligible for international shipping
- May cause an allergic reaction
OLLY Kids Vitamins Omega-3 Supplement
If you shop at big box stores such as Target or Whole Foods, you have most likely seen the OLLY brand of kids vitamins. Made with a generous blend of vitamin A, C, D, E, and B’s, many parents love giving this multivitamin to their kids. What makes this vitamin even better than most is that it also includes omega-3 and zinc!
While some picky eaters don’t enjoy the tasty, tangy, berry flavor of the vitamins, most kids find them to taste great. Parents love that they are easy to administer in a gummy form and they are also gluten-free.
Pros and Cons
- Gummy omega-3 supplement with zinc
- Great flavors including berry tangy
- Includes a blend of vitamin A, C, D, E, and B’s
- Item can only be shipped within the USA and APO addresses
- Some kids may not enjoy the flavor
Mother’s Select Lil Gummies Multivitamin
The best multivitamin with iron for kids can be hard to find as many vitamins omit the use of iron and focus a great deal on calcium for healthy bone and teeth growth.
The Mother’s Select Lil Gummies Multivitamin helps support strong bones, healthy eyes, and a good immune system. Offered in several delicious flavors, children enjoy taking this vitamin, and some even refer to it as “candy.”
It is important to note that this product is created in a GMP certified facility and offers a 100% money back guarantee.
Pros and Cons
- New formula comes in several enjoyable flavors
- Helps support strong bones, healthy eyes, and a good immune system
- Made in a GMP certified facility
- 100% money back guarantee
- Occasionally goes on backorder due to its popularity
- Some kids do not enjoy the flavor
Sundown Naturals Kids Complete Multivitamin
Sundown Naturals Kids Complete Multivitamin is made with 33% less sugar than other leading brands which is a huge perk if you notice that your kids turn to monsters when they have had an abundance of sugar in their diet. Believe it or not, sugar is a drug and can cause children and adults to go through withdrawal symptoms if they eat too much or too little.
If sugar is a concern for you, this multivitamin is one to seriously consider. In addition to having less sugar than most brands, this multivitamin includes 11 essential nutrients including vitamin A, B, C, D, and E. Formulated without the use of peanuts or eggs, you can rest assured that your child with a sensitive digestive system will not be negatively affected by these vitamins.
Pros and Cons
- Made with 33% less sugar than other leading brands
- Includes 11 essential nutrients including vitamin A, B, C, D, and E
- Supports immune health, eyes, bones, antioxidants and energy metabolism
- Does not contain peanuts or eggs
- Can only be shipped to USA and APO addresses
- Tastes sour and not sweet
There are many multivitamin options available for children and adults alike which can make it hard to choose the perfect one. The good thing is that there are many options so you can pick and choose what brand of vitamin will be the best fit for your child’s dietary needs, health goals, and your lifestyle choices.
Whether you are looking for a vitamin that is gluten-free, vegan-friendly, inexpensive, or full of omega-3’s as well as other nutrients, you are sure to find exactly what you are looking for. In 2018, there is no need to settle on a particular vitamin as you can find one that is just right.