Many people wonder if taking a multivitamin for adults is worthwhile. Research has been done to determine the validity and efficacy of taking a multivitamin, and it seems that the results are typically inconclusive.
There are some vitamins and supplements that have been taking the health industry by storm and are making a big difference in the lives of adults all over the world. The best multivitamin for adults in 2018 typically includes probiotics, vitamin D, calcium, and zinc. However, not all of the best multivitamins for adults will work for everyone as each person is different.
When choosing a multivitamin, there are several things that you should keep in mind. This guide will provide a plethora of information on the best multivitamins on the market in 2018 whether you are over the age of 50 or a young adult. While going through this guide and selecting a multivitamin, be sure to keep these four tips in mind.
1. Many vitamins are full of an extensive cocktail of nutrients which can make the capsule quite large. Because of this, many have a hard time swallowing the capsule and thus quit taking their vitamins. Noticing a gap in the market, many manufacturers have created a solution to this problem.
In 2018, there are some great chewable multivitamin options for adults on the market. If chewable vitamins do not sound appealing, you can consider taking multivitamin gummies for adults. Both options give you the nutrients that your body craves without having to swallow a large vitamin in capsule form.
Further still, there are other vitamin options on the market. Some find that using a liquid multivitamin for adults is the easiest way to feed the body with essential nutrients. The best liquid multivitamin for adults can easily be added to juice, coffee, and other beverages. If you are feeling adventurous, you could also add the vitamin to foods.
2. Before you choose a multivitamin, it is in your best interest to read product reviews from consumers. Doing so will give you a good idea of how the vitamin will work. For example, if you have never tried a specific gummy vitamin before, it could be helpful to read multivitamin gummies for adults reviews.
The review will provide information about side effects, flavors, and how to best consume the vitamin for optimal results.
3. The best multivitamin for adults over 50 will vary based on one’s specific health needs. It is best to consult with a physician to discuss vitamin options and a dosage plan. Doing so will ensure that you get the best vitamin that will help you get the best results. Working in consult with your physician will also help you in tracking progress.
4. Young adults can benefit from consuming a multivitamin as well as an older adult. In fact, everyone experiences some nutrient deficiencies which can be overcome by taking vitamins and supplements. The best multivitamin for young adults should also be chosen by recommendation by a trusted medical professional.
Now that you have some baseline information about selecting the best multivitamin for your needs, this guide will highlight some of the most popular products on the market in 2018. Whether you are in the market for a chewable multivitamin with iron for adults or a one a day vitamin for senior citizens, this guide will provide an abundance of helpful information.
Best Multivitamin For Adults
Dr. Tobias Multivitamin for Women
Dr. Tobias Multivitamins are formulated with whole foods and antioxidants. You can count on each vitamin including over 42 raw ingredients with plant-based enzymes that will benefit cardiovascular health and assist with regulating the digestive tract.
While these capsules are large and can be a challenge to consume, they are non-GMO and are well worth a try.
Pros and Cons
- Made with whole foods and potent antioxidants
- Includes over 42 raw ingredients with plant-based enzymes
- Non-GMO formulated
- Supports cardiovascular health and efficient digestive tract
- International shipping eligibility is unknown
- Capsules are large and hard to consume
Garden of Life Multivitamin for Women
The Garden of Life Multivitamin for Women is one of the most popular vitamins on our list because they are made with raw foods and have been proven to provide many health benefits. Formulated especially for women to provide breast health support, this vitamin is full of great nutrients such as but not limited to folate, calcium, magnesium, and zinc.
Proven to help with digestion, it is important to note that this vitamin includes probiotics and enzymes that improve gut health. Finally, this vitamin is gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly.
Pros and Cons
- Made with raw foods
- Formulated for women and breast health support
- Includes folate, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and a plethora of vitamins
- Vegetarian and gluten-free
- Improves digestion with probiotics and enzymes
- Can only be shipped with the USA and AP addresses
- May cause stomach ache or bloating
Rainbow Light Women’s Multivitamin
Rainbow Light is a company that has been producing high-quality vitamins for several years. Many consumers enjoy using this product as it helps balance stress and hormones while providing helpful probiotics and plant-based enzymes that benefit the body.
Another great perk to using this vitamin is that it only needs to be taken once a day and it has been proven to help with bone and breast health. Finally, this vitamin is gluten-free and safe for consumption by vegetarians.
Pros and Cons
- One a day support for bone and breast health
- Includes probiotics and plant-based enzymes
- Helps balance stress and hormones
- Vegetarian safe and gluten-free
- Item can only be shipped within the USA
- Some bottles may not include an expiration date
Amazon Brand Solimo Women’s One Daily Multivitamin
Amazon is known for creating high-quality products. Known mostly for their AmazonBasics line of products, Amazon has now launched a vitamin product line that is trusted by industry professionals as being a top-notch option.
True to the brand name, this multivitamin is a great deal. With each purchase, you can enjoy three months of effective vitamins that omit the use of artificial flavors, gluten, and lactose in their ingredients. These vitamins are known for improving one’s mood and energy level. For the best results, it is advised that this vitamin is consumed with a meal.
Pros and Cons
- Excludes the use of artificial flavors, gluten, and lactose
- Initial investment includes over three months of pills
- Best when consumed with food
- Helps increase a positive mood and energy level
- Only eligible for shipping within the USA and AP addresses
- Lacks extensive scientific research in effectiveness and consumer satisfaction
Naturelo Daily Vitamin for Women
Naturelo Daily Vitamin for Women is an excellent option for those looking for an effective multivitamin that is soy-free and non-GMO.
Made in the USA, this vegetarian-friendly vitamin is made with raw-B complex vitamins and promotes a boost in energy and a healthy immune system.
Pros and Cons
- Non-GMO and soy-free
- Supports a healthy immune system, bone health, and great energy
- Made in the USA
- Vegetarian formula made with raw-B complex vitamins
- Shipping options are unknown
- Some experience a rash while using
GNC Women’s Ultra Mega Plus Vitamin
GNC is a worldwide favorite vitamin and supplement brand, and it is sold in brick and mortar stores all over the world. In addition to having their storefront, GNC is sold at pharmacies and some specialty supermarkets.
The GNC Women’s Ultra Mega Plus Vitamin is perfect for those looking for a product that can help improve bone and skin health.
Another great benefit of adding this vitamin to your daily routine is that it includes potent antioxidants and can promote healthy cell growth.
Pros and Cons
- Great for bone health and skin support
- Includes potent antioxidants
- Produced without harmful radicals
- Promotes healthy cell aging
- Pills may be hard to consume as they are large
- Some may experience nausea while using the supplement
Sonora Nutrition Multivitamin for Women Advanced
Sonora Nutrition is not a brand that is well known like GNC or Garden of Life, but the product is certainly amongst the best in the business. This multivitamin is marketed towards women as it promotes a time-release formula made without the use of chemicals, preservatives, artificial flavors, and gluten.
The best way to consume this vitamin is with a meal as the high-quality ingredients may disturb a sensitive stomach and digestive system. If you are looking for a multivitamin with a unique combination of over 30 vitamins and minerals, this multivitamin is one to try.
Pros and Cons
- Time release formula
- Includes a blend of 30 vitamins and minerals
- Made with high-quality ingredients
- Free of chemicals, preservatives, artificial flavors, and gluten
- Made in the USA in an FDA approved facility
- Serving size is three capsules
- Best when consumed with a meal
Optimum Nutrition Opti-Women Multivitamin
Another popular brand on the market, Optimum Nutrition produces a highly effective multivitamin for both men and women.
This particular vitamin includes 17 specialty ingredients and 23 vitamins and essential minerals that provide the body with all the nutrients that are typically missing from an American diet.
This vitamin is popular because it is affordable and effective.
Pros and Cons
- Includes a healthy dosage of calcium, iron, and folic acid
- Contains 17 specialty ingredients
- Includes 23 vitamins and essential minerals
- Affordable and effective
- Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA
- Not eligible for international shipping
- Some may experience migraines while using
One A Day Vitacrave Multivitamin for Women
Sometimes taking a vitamin several times a day can be cumbersome, not to mention easy to forget. Taking a vitamin that requires several doses a day is just one more thing that you have to remember to do. That is why One a Day Vitacrave Multivitamins are ideal. Made without the use of high fructose corn syrup, this vitamin only needs to be consumed once a day.
Ideal for those who are over the age of 12, this multivitamin is easy to consume if you enjoy gummy candies and foods. The vitamin is excellent for those who have an interest in enhancing their bone health or bolstering their immune system. Another benefit to using this product is that it helps with developing a healthy complexion which can be ideal for teens going through puberty.
In addition to the benefits already mentioned, this vitamin includes folic acid, biotin, iodine, and zinc. Finally, it is important to mention that because of the consistency of the vitamin, the gummy vitamins may become sticky during shipment in hot weather.
Pros and Cons
- Free of high fructose corn syrup
- Perfect for use by adults and children over 12 years of age
- Supports bone health, the immune system, and a healthy complexion
- Includes several vitamins, folic acid, biotin, iodine, and zinc
- Not eligible to be shipped out of the USA
- May not ship well during the summer months
Nature Made Multi for Her
Nature Made is a brand that is a household name, and many have trusted their products for years. This multivitamin is formulated into a softgel capsule making them easy to consume, especially since you only need one a day.
The formula is gluten-free and includes over 23 essential nutrients that the body craves.
This vitamin does not contain any artificial flavors or preservatives and is best consumed with a meal.
Pros and Cons
- Includes over 23 essential nutrients
- No artificial flavors or preservatives
- Only one softgel needed per day
- Gluten-free and formulated for easy digestive absorption
- Can only be shipped within the USA and AP addresses
- Large pill that is not ideal to be taken without food
Choosing the best multivitamin for adults does not require the use of rocket science. With a helpful guide, some baseline information about vitamins and minerals and the desire to feed the body with essential nutrients, you can find a product that will be conducive to your health goals.
When in doubt, it is always smart to consult with a physician to ensure that you are purchasing the best product that is available that is tailored to your specific health goals. Doing so will ensure that you are consistent in taking a multivitamin which will yield the best results.